Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #1
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Awesome, I found some real leather cases

http://www.stylzworld.com/shop/bebook-mini-c-8.html

4 colours, and real leather. They're trifold designs so the flap on the inside folds in to cover the sdhc and credit card slots.

Thoughts?

(The site lists Astak as compatible.)
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:33 AM   #2
angurs
angurs began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader Pocket Pro
I bought the brown cover and it's a soft leather. The trifold part is hard to protect the screen. I love it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	40571  
angurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:11 AM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
There are 2 things that annoy me with the Astak case.

1. It has hard to remove the reader from the little plastic clips
2. The little jog/toggle on the side is harder to use when it's in the case

How does this case compare?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
angurs

because it's softer leather, it's easy to remove the reader from the plastic but still has the same security as the orginal cover. As for the toggle access on the side, I can't tell the difference.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:02 AM   #5
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I've got the black cover (goes perfect with my black device!).

It feels awesome. It's very soft to the touch. I only need a few scratches in the leather to give it a used look!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #6
angurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post

4 colours, and real leather. They're trifold designs so the flap on the inside folds in to cover the sdhc and credit card slots.

Thoughts?

6 colours available here in Aus

http://bebook.net.au/catalog/BeBook_...oires-7-1.html

I was thinking about getting the Book Armour too but maybe "overkill"...but then again I have two kids (5yo and 3yo) I probably need a Biohazard suit
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by angurs View Post
6 colours available here in Aus

http://bebook.net.au/catalog/BeBook_...oires-7-1.html

I was thinking about getting the Book Armour too but maybe "overkill"...but then again I have two kids (5yo and 3yo) I probably need a Biohazard suit
Kind of worries me buying from them when I look at the prices. Buying direct from stylzworld the covers come to about $33 inc postage.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
angurs

yeah i know. I did my homework with prices but I thought since they were just in Sydney I thought I would get it the next day but no that didn't happen. I got it a week later. They probably just ordered it from stylzworld too.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:43 AM   #9
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Nice looking cases! Will have to look at getting one some time.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:15 AM   #10
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by angurs View Post
yeah i know. I did my homework with prices but I thought since they were just in Sydney I thought I would get it the next day but no that didn't happen. I got it a week later. They probably just ordered it from stylzworld too.
Actually, my payment to Stylzworld was to EI...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #11
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Now this is more of interest to us Australians (sorry rest of the world but it is high-time we had something to ourselves :P ). I noticed today that the Co Op Bookshop (Uni students you know which one I am talking about) are now stocking BeBook products, including the different covers (and discount price for members). Might be of interest to some.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I purchased one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunspark View Post

Thoughts?

Dear Sunspark:

Thank you! I purchased one for my private use so that I can assess it for Astak. I got the tan!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Hard to remove

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
There are 2 things that annoy me with the Astak case.

1. It has hard to remove the reader from the little plastic clips
2. The little jog/toggle on the side is harder to use when it's in the case

How does this case compare?
Dear jusmee:

Agreed!! The standard case is quite good at protecting and it is designed to hold the Pocket PRO into the case no matter how hard you shake it.

I did note that the clips are great at what they were designed to do but they are definite "fingernail breakers".

I cannot argue!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Tip:
Try slightly bending the cover away from the PEz instead of prising the clips.
Place finger tips at V and press the cover at the ^
Be sure to teep the PEz facing UP or over something soft

^_________V________^
|----------- PEZ------------ |

Last edited by theducks; 12-02-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: spacing
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #15
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
thanks ducks - reminds of learning how to open CD cases when they first came out
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote