Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 04-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Returning book from free lending library

I still have the free one-month Prime for the Fire I got a couple of weeks ago. I tried a free book, finished it, and now can't figure out how to "return" it.

I assumed when I got to the end, there would be a link to return it, similar to the "Buy now" when you get to the end of a sample book, but nothing.

In the Carousel, I picked "Delete from device," and got an odd result: a progress bar went along with the message "downloading" which puzzles me. However, it still appeared in the Carousel, so I went to Books, and deleted it there.

Now it is gone, but did I actually "return" it?
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
No direct answer, but you'll find out the next time you try to download a free library book. Just happened to me last week. You'll get a notice asking if you want to return a previous book still on the Fire.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Go to Amazon \ Your Account \ Manage Kindle.

Locate the loaned book (it will have "Prime" next to it) and click "Actions." Return the eBook from there.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Thanks, sirmaru, that was ridiculously simple. Don't know why I didn't think of it. Appreciate the guidance.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
sbatdorf
sbatdorf began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
I did this with a loan from a friend, but still on my kindle (as loan ended) and can't lend from her account. Clues?
sbatdorf is offline   Reply With Quote