Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #526
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I know nothing about OPDS, but if all you need is a tag being maintained for books on a list then the plugin has that capability already.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #527
hd_cal_dave
hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hd_cal_dave has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_cal_dave View Post
Hello -- thanks for this awesome plugin. I had a question however.

I'm interested in browsing my lists from my Android opds client (Aldiko) so I can pick and choose which books to download.

I think that currently this isn't possible, but I did notice that opds client's can access and run saved searches and/or tags (which I do all the time).

Do you think we could add a feature to this plugin to automatically maintain saved searches with the same name as the list, and thus support opds clients?

Alternatively, do you think maybe the plugin can automatically maintain a tag for opds clients?

Thanks!
Had I bother to read more carefully the post right before mine, I would have discovered that it already supports automatic maintenance of tags. Thanks again for this plugin...to me its the one thing that makes Calibre truly usable.
hd_cal_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #528
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipod G4, MacOS 10.12, Calibre, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Get this error when trying to add a story to my reading list:

Code:
calibre, version 0.9.12
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.action", line 311, in _move_selected_to_list
  File "calibre_plugins.reading_list.dialogs", line 253, in __init__
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setSelected'
I can view my other items on the list, just can't add any new ones. I just updated to 0.9.12 of Calibre - could that be the issue?

cheers and happy holidays!

Sue
skb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #529
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Sue,

Looking at the code that error would occur when you have no lists to add the book to. Exactly what action are you trying to do?
Old 12-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #530
skb
Evangelist
skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hm, weird. I've definitely got a list.

Well, I've only got the "default" list (I use it for keeping track of new stuff that I want to read). I selected an item and then click on the reading list button and select "Move to list". This usually just adds it.

The last one I added was (according to the list) on 16th December, before I upgraded to 0.9.12 (but after, it looks like maybe, 0.9.10).

Should I uninstall and reinstall do you think? I've only got 15 items in the single list.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM   #531
kiwidude

Why are you selecting "Move to List"? Why not use "Add to List". Move to list is all about moving items from one list to another. If you only have one list, then it isn't the right option to be choosing... ?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #532
skb
Evangelist

"Move to list" is the only option I seem to have. I have four options under the button:
Move to list, View default list, sync now (greyed out) and customise plugin.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #533
kiwidude

That sounds rather odd. What type of list is it? Perhaps you have changed the list type accidentally and that is the cause of your issues. You should have a menu option at the top called "Add to default list", and it will appear if your list type is "Manually add/remove items"
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 PM   #534
skb
Evangelist

It's the default list (when I view my list in Calibre, it's called "reading_list_default").

I might try uninstalling and reinstalling. I don't have that option you mention (and I can't remember if I had it before upgrading, sorry).

Edited: Didn't work. Looks the same.

I don't remember doing anything to either the list or even tags. I'm a "let sleeping programs lie" kinda girl, so if they work, I don't tinker.

Not to worry. The reading list details don't transfer to the reading device anyway (I'm using an old version of Stanza on my even older iphone), so it's not biggie. Thanks anyway

Last edited by skb; 12-30-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #535
skb
Evangelist

Actually, I created a NEW list and all is hunkily dorily again. I'm embarrassed that I didn't try that first.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #536
setherd
Sleep Tech
setherd began at the beginning.

Device: andorid, nook simple touch
Question: I recently got a new laptop and am moving my files over to it.
I installed calibre of course. But I want to copy over my reading list.
Is the reading list stored in a simple file I could copy over?

thanks!
setherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #537
kiwidude

@setherd - the configuration file for the plugin that lists all the devices is located in the plugins subfolder in the calibre configuration directory (Preferences -> Misc -> Open calibre configuration...). The reading lists themselves are stored within the library database (metadata.db), so provided you copied the complete library folder and also the above plugin config file you should be good to go.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #538
ash600
ash600 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3G/Kindle 3
Hi!

First of all for the plugin, I'm a huge list-maker freak and I'm enjoying it to the max, however I'm having a little problem with the "Population Options" thing.

I wanted to make an "auto populated from column" list for the books I read in 2013, the value would be something like ">2013-01-01" but I don't know how to add my "#dateread" column, the dropbox shows only "tag" and "#read".

Could you please help me? I really suck with these things
ash600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:38 PM   #539
kiwidude

@ash600 - it does not support date time columns or formula expressions for the value.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #540
Shortie_1
Shortie_1 began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen
Python error for language other than english

Hi,

first let me thank you for this plugin as it greatly reduces the work to
keep my reader updated from calibre.

I tried to use your 'Auto populate from column name' feature from a
boolean column I use that is named #toberead.
Your default values of Y or N (translated to #toberead:yes and
#toberead:no in action.py at line 1211 and 1213) will always give me a
parse error, a manually inserted true or false will not work as
action.py puts a "=" in at line 1217.

The reason for the error is the localization (I use the german language
in calibre) and how python behaves. In Python, boolean fields in german
are ja or nein - don't ask me for all the other languages that are
possible. However, true and false work without any problem. If I leave
the value field empty, action.py treats it as #toberead:false which
works flawlessly - although in exactly the wrong way for me :-(

Could you change line 1211 to:
query = column_name + ':true'