Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
jmickey
jmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litter

Device: Skytex Primer
Epub edited in sigil not readable

HI
I'm using sigil 3.4 on Mac intel and latest calibre when I edit an epub created by calibre in Sigil the epub file can no longer be loaded and read by my Skytex Primer ereader.
Then Primer just says failed to load.
I tried running the epub file through calibre again but it still remained unloadable and thus unreaderable on the Primer . AdobeDE can read it fine though. The Sktex uses linux for it's OS.

jmickey

Last edited by jmickey; 04-07-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: spelt epub wrong in title
jmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickey View Post
HI
I'm using sigil 3.4 on Mac intel and latest calibre when I edit an epub created by calibre in Sigil the epub file can no longer be loaded and read by my Skytex Primer ereader.
Then Primer just says failed to load.
I tried running the epub file through calibre again but it still remained unloadable and thus unreaderable on the Primer . AdobeDE can read it fine though. The Sktex uses linux for it's OS.

jmickey
Many Readers are Linux based . I don't think that had anythin to do with this problem.

You may have done something with Sigil that caused the file to become 'damaged' or otherwise 'unreadable'

1st Question
Will Sigil still open the file? You might be able to recover.
2) What does 'Flightcrew' (the Green tick mark) say about your book?
3) What were you trying to do in Sigil (Generally, for now), Split, Spelling corrections, Add/chang styling?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Maybe you included a very big image or something similar? I've had large cover images crash my reader when trying to open the book.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #4
jmickey

@ Theduckey
yep still opens fine in Sigil and AdobeDE.

@ Jellby
The original file works fine in the Primer ereader. It is only after running it through Sigil it does not load. Won't even load if I rerun it through calibre after sigil. I do not have to mae changes in the file just load and save in Sigil no editing and it will not load in the Primer. The cover image is 582kb. And like I say works fine until run through sigil.

jmickey.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good
Then you can run Flightcrew and report the messages

500K is a goodly sized cover
Sigil/Tidy may have just pushed something over the edge of a limit. Any good reason to not shrink the cover size a bit?
Old 04-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
jmickey

@the ducks
I guess I could squeeze it a bit nd see what happens

jmickey
Old 04-09-2011, 05:50 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickey View Post
@the ducks
I guess I could squeeze it a bit nd see what happens

jmickey
Squeeze?
Open in a Image editor and reduce something: overall H&W? Color depth? Crop borders.

Non-traditional compression is likely to trip up more devices.