Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Question EPUB=>Mobi: Start/open at cover page - how to?

I'm a newbie, assembling my first book from text files in Sigil. I've converted it to .mobi (v6.17) but am clueless how to enable the starting page to point to the cover and not the first chapter. I'm a beginner when it comes to working with HTML and do not see anything obvious in the convert GUI. I've browsed the manual and FAQ but did not see anything directly relating to my question.

In ADE, the EPUB version opens at the cover. But not when opened as a .mobi.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Skydog; 10-15-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nobody??
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC MOBI renderers don't support opening on the cover. Instead they have a menu entry that takes you to the cover.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think the only way we can help is if you could post the book so we can take a look at it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC MOBI renderers don't support opening on the cover. Instead they have a menu entry that takes you to the cover.
I believe the Gen3 opens new books on the cover page.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thanks, Kovid. Would have been nice tho'...

Thank you for such a great application!
Old 10-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think the only way we can help is if you could post the book so we can take a look at it.
Thanks, Jon. I am attempting to replicate a completed book I already have, so I will see if I can figure it out from studying that. Unless I get stuck...