Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Notes and Links in ePub

I always use BD for my books, but as I can't produce ePub output, I am trying a mixed solution:

BD->HTML->Calibre->ePub,

or maybe

BD->HTML->Sigil->ePub.

I found a problem with "notes and links" (footnotes) created with BD when I save as HTML. Normally, I put something like "[1]" in the body of the book linking to the footnote at the end, and my reader lets me go from body to footnote and vice-versa. But when I save as HTML and open in a browser to check, I can't go from body to footnote anymore (though I still can go from footnote to body).

So, what is the best way to create footnotes for HTML files that work in ePubs aftert converting?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Did you look at the HTML code generated by BD to see what might be wrong with it?

I hand-write my HTML, but something like:

Code:
<a href="#fn1" id="fn1marker">[1]</a>
in the body, with:

Code:
<a href="#fn1marker" id="fn1">1.</a> Note contents...
for the note itself works fine when converting through calibre.

Last edited by frabjous; 09-13-2009 at 06:13 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
BD HTML output file:

Body:

Code:
<A name=uBmk_761983>[1]</A>
Footnote:

Code:
<A href="#uBmk_761983">1.</A> Note contents...
Which explains the behaviour in the browser.
It looks like I will have to write a little program to fix this issue (I am working in a file with 88 footnotes, so making it by hand is out of the question)

Thanks for your answer
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote