Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
KindleKid
Zealot
KindleKid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
HTML to ePub Confusion

Forgive me if this is a stupid question or at least an over asked one but i was wondering how exactly i can convert html to epub? And can i create a TOC with h1/h2 code in html? I'd like to just start composing my works in a text edit in html and convert it. Is this possible? I tried saving the text file as an html then converting it in calibre but all i got was the code. Any input would appreciated.
KindleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
I write my book in HTML, then convert it using Calibre's command line ebook-convert.exe. Simple, fast, and after some experimenting yields books like I want them.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 03:43 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You could give Sigil a go. It is still in early Alpha, but it already does a fine job of taking simple HTML and producing a valid ePUB.

http://code.google.com/p/sigil/

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleKid View Post
Forgive me if this is a stupid question or at least an over asked one but i was wondering how exactly i can convert html to epub? And can i create a TOC with h1/h2 code in html? I'd like to just start composing my works in a text edit in html and convert it. Is this possible? I tried saving the text file as an html then converting it in calibre but all i got was the code. Any input would appreciated.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote