Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Mark forum as read

When in the "Forum Tools" I choose "Mark This Forum Read", does it mark as read all threads in the forum or only those threads/post that existed at the time of the last forum refresh?

If it's the first, then I'd like it to be the second
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'd like an option to mark each page as read - then I can move to the next page ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 02:19 AM   #3
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
I'd just be happy with an option to move to the first unread post in a thread, instead of the choice of first post or last post.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:25 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanette View Post
I'd just be happy with an option to move to the first unread post in a thread, instead of the choice of first post or last post.
I think this is what you want. Click the box by the red arrows and it should take you to where you left off when reading the posts in that thread.

Click the below pic to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	60713  
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #5
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I think this is what you want. Click the box by the red arrows and it should take you to where you left off when reading the posts in that thread.

Click the below pic to enlarge.
That works! Thanks!
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Please show me the way to the forum tools
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Please show me the way to the forum tools
On the blue bar, at the top of each forum, on the right side, is forum tools. Click on it for the drop down menu.

Click to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forum tools.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	60714  
Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
When in the "Forum Tools" I choose "Mark This Forum Read", does it mark as read all threads in the forum or only those threads/post that existed at the time of the last forum refresh?

If it's the first, then I'd like it to be the second
Jellby, I've been trying to figure this out and I still can't tell.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:30 AM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Jellby, I've been trying to figure this out and I still can't tell.
That's what I feared

OK, this is the scenario:

1. I enter the General Discussions forum.
2. I have a look at the threads shown in bold (unread), read those that look interesting, skip those that don't. I always return to the GD forum with the browser's "back" button, so the GD forum page is not reloaded, but the same threads ar still shown in bold.
3. Now that I've read all that looked interesting, I "Mark This Forum Read" so that next time I visit the forum I can concentrate on the bold threads again.

But between 1 and 3, new threads may have been posted, and old threads may have been updated. I wouldn't like the "Mark This Forum Read" to mark these new threads/posts as read, but only the threads/posts that were actually shown in the forum page when I clicked the option (i.e., the threads/posts that existed the last time the forum page was refreshed: in step 1).

I hope it's clearer now
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
That's what I feared

OK, this is the scenario:

1. I enter the General Discussions forum.
2. I have a look at the threads shown in bold (unread), read those that look interesting, skip those that don't. I always return to the GD forum with the browser's "back" button, so the GD forum page is not reloaded, but the same threads ar still shown in bold.
3. Now that I've read all that looked interesting, I "Mark This Forum Read" so that next time I visit the forum I can concentrate on the bold threads again.

But between 1 and 3, new threads may have been posted, and old threads may have been updated. I wouldn't like the "Mark This Forum Read" to mark these new threads/posts as read, but only the threads/posts that were actually shown in the forum page when I clicked the option (i.e., the threads/posts that existed the last time the forum page was refreshed: in step 1).

I hope it's clearer now
Sorry, Jellby, my answer wasn't clear. I did understand what you meant. My answer was that I was trying to figure out what happens, like you had asked. I played around but couldn't tell what it did.

I do like you do, except between steps 1 and 3, I usually, refresh after each bolded thread is read. That way I catch a new post while the thread is fresh in my mind.
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
It is the need to use the browser back button that causes the 'problem'.
Perhaps there could be a small button at the side of each thread that can be clicked to say "noticed this, but not interested".
The display then refreshes and "hides" that thread.
Move away from that specific forum and all the threads return to a default status, ready for next time.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #12
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Thank you. I love this place.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote