Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 04:29 AM   #61
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
Made a screen shot of how the "Easy" view looks like and the theme is in the zip file.
Awesome!
This has instantly became my favourite theme.
Where did you find it?
Are there other themes featuring this option?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:43 AM   #62
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Where are these themes located. I have just the few that were posted about. But this one (five) I haven't seen anywhere.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:59 AM   #63
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:

Made a screen shot of how the "Easy" view looks like and the theme is in the zip file.
I tried out that theme which is decent. But I wish the authors name would more to the right so we could see more of the title of the book. The reason I say this is because when I upload from Calibre I have it list the books by Title/series title, series number and the author. But so far I haven't seen a theme that shows the whole title (the whole title I am using). Much less even the majority of the title. I wonder if I should take out series title. Then I would at least be able to see the series number of the book.

There is an option to sort by series but that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 04-15-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:22 AM   #64
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
I tried out that theme which is decent. But I wish the authors name would more to the right so we could see more of the title of the book. The reason I say this is because when I upload from Calibre I have it list the books by Title/series title, series number and the author. But so far I haven't seen a theme that shows the whole title (the whole title I am using). Much less even the majority of the title. I wonder if I should take out series title. Then I would at least be able to see the series number of the book.
I use directory structure
/books/author_name/Series_name/0X_name_of_book.xyz
where 0X is the number in series - exactly for that reason.
In the newest firmware when you select the book in library, after a brief pause the name of the book is scrolled, so you can read it.

Now, with this new theme we need to be able to remap long-press-down in library view to jump 5 books down, so I do not have to press down 14 times when I want to get to the 15th book on page ;-). I know, I know, I should not look gift horse into mouth ;-)
Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 AM   #65
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
In the newest firmware when you select the book in library, after a brief pause the name of the book is scrolled, so you can read it.
Haha. I went back to 14.2 today to see if the PDF problem I was having was related. Haven't got around to reinstalling the latest firmware. So while I was looking at my books I couldn't figure out why my book titles weren't scrolling. Was driving me nuts. Forgot I went back to 14.2!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:38 AM   #66
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Careful investigation seems to suggest it's not the new firmware but the theme I'm using. It's named five and I fished it out of the ebook forum.

Warning. Selecting the view "Easy" and then changing to a theme that does not have that view will make your book list invisible but selectable. To fix it just select one of the views that exist.
This is great! Thank you
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #67
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Careful investigation seems to suggest it's not the new firmware but the theme I'm using. It's named five and I fished it out of the ebook forum.

Warning. Selecting the view "Easy" and then changing to a theme that does not have that view will make your book list invisible but selectable. To fix it just select one of the views that exist.
How do you get to the calender with this theme? I couldn't figure it out.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:10 AM   #68
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
How do you get to the calender with this theme? I couldn't figure it out.
try to go to applications and run calendar.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:14 AM   #69
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Doh!

I had the same problem as my esteemed boss before me. Thanks Kacir, u the man!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #70
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Uh. Tried that before my post. Looking in Applications now.

ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary
Calc
Cards
Chess
Clock
SeaBattle
Sudoku

Thats all thats listed in there. I just set the theme back to default and calendar from the main screen is there. But its not listed in Applications.

Running firmware 14.2, will update firmware and see if it shows up.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:40 AM   #71
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:

ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary
Calc
Cards
Chess
Clock
SeaBattle
Sudoku

Thats all thats listed in there. I just set the theme back to default and calendar from the main screen is there. But its not listed in Applications.

ooops.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #72
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Try to load Calendar from here
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml
Is it the same application?
I do not have my PB available at the moment.

The problem is, that I have downloaded most of the apps from the above address and also some from http://bookfast.org/category/pocketbook/programs

By the way, I would love to have source code for the five theme so I could try to tweak it a little bit. Or perhaps try to transplant the Easy View mode to other themes.
I was looking for it on The-ebook.org but with my very rusty Russian or with Translate.google.com the site is ... overwhelming ;-)
Old 04-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #73
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:

ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary
Calc
Cards
Chess
Clock
SeaBattle
Sudoku

Same issue as with 14.2, no Calender listed in Applications. Small change though.

Calc
Cards
Chess
Clock
Dictionary
SeaBattle
Sudoku

So the only change was renaming ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary to Dictionary.

Any other suggestions?
Old 04-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #74
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Quote:
Try to load Calendar from here
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml
Is it the same application?
I do not have my PB available at the moment.

The problem is, that I have downloaded most of the apps from the above address and also some from http://bookfast.org/category/pocketbook/programs

By the way, I would love to have source code for the five theme so I could try to tweak it a little bit. Or perhaps try to transplant the Easy View mode to other themes.
I was looking for it on The-ebook.org but with my very rusty Russian or with Translate.google.com the site is ... overwhelming ;-)
Well I downloaded Calender and put it in the Applications folder. And while it is listed in Applications now. It doesn't open. Hour glass pops up and nothing happens. Ill try a reboot and try it again. But it looks like that doesn't work for some reason. Odd. Seems like it should.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:16 AM   #75
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970

Nope reboot didn't help which I didn't think it would. It just sits with the hour glass.