Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
GLO HD split in screen after 4 months

I had to say goodbye today to my second Kobo GLO HD. It developed a thin line running about a cm in from the top left down the screen. I bought my first GLO HD on the 25/09, the first one developed exactly the Same split within four days, this one last four months.

Luckily Argos gave me a full refund so for now I'll stick with my H20, maybe the plastic frame (although my GLO HD was in the official kobo case all the time) makes them more susceptible to this crack but even so it's strange I got two with the same problem.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
The same cover for both of them? Stored at the same place? It's quite strange, yes.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
The same cover for both of them? Stored at the same place? It's quite strange, yes.
No different cover. In fact I may not have even had a cover for my first one as it went in four days.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I didn't take a picture but it was a thin line about half way down the left hand side of the screen. Most noticeable on dark covers, and when it flashed I.e page turns etc. It was right on the edge where the text started. They did both come from the same store so I guess was part of the same batch they got.
Old 02-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If they come from the same store, yes, it looks like they were in the same batch.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Lucky you could return to store after 4 months. Yes most likely from the same bad bunch. Are you going to get money back or try again? Hopefully after 4 months be another batch & better made!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:36 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Yes Argos were very good, I was lucky. I'm going to stay with my H20 for now and see what happens this year. I will keep my official kobo cover for now and just see how I feel in the summer.

The H20 does actually feel stronger and better put together, imo.