Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #121
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Whenever the porters of kiwidudes plugins feel they are ready to be released, just PM me and I will take care of it. I plan to just bump the minor version of the plugin by 1 (since the ports contain no new features).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 04:50 AM   #122
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks Kovid and to all those who have done the porting work on my behalf. I do still monitor all my plugin threads every few days, I just don't have the time to do any coding on them myself. So to have others step up is very much appreciated, after the several thousand hours I put in to get them to where they were!

When major problems occur with them (like underlying websites changed for metadata plugins if ones that I actively use) then I fix them when I can but as what few donations there were have basically dried up there isn't a lot of incentive to do much more than that.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 PM   #123
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What is the currently proposed timeline for moving to Calibre 2.0? Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #124
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There is no fixed schedule, it will depend on how plugin porting goes.
Old 07-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #125
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
This should perhaps be in the Dev subforum instead, but I found it while doing plugin work.

While running in debug I notice some output that I don't think is specific to plugins.

Code:
calibre 1.202  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.8
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: [...]
Starting up...
Problem creating accessible interface for:  Main(0x6320b00, name = "MainWindow")

Make sure to deploy Qt with accessibility plugins.
[...]
Started up in 2.48 seconds with 3357 books
QTextCursor::setPosition: Position '358' out of range
I don't think MainWindow is anything of mine. And I see QTextCursor::setPosition: Position 'XX' out of range a lot. Notably when a tooltip text is shown. The one in the block above is from hovering over the 'Author Sort' edit box on the 'all on 1 tab' Edit Metadata dialog.

Any existing info on these?
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:25 PM   #126
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Accessibility plugins are deliberately left out as they cause crashes. The QTextCursor warning comes from Qt and I have never bothered to track down what causes it in Qt 5, since it appears to be harmless.

EDIT: Here's the bug report about those QTextCursor warnings: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-38178

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-22-2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:01 PM   #127
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Accessibility plugins are deliberately left out as they cause crashes. The QTextCursor warning comes from Qt and I have never bothered to track down what causes it in Qt 5, since it appears to be harmless.

EDIT: Here's the bug report about those QTextCursor warnings: https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-38178
Thanks--I'll ignore it now that I know it's not something I did wrong.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #128
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have upload version 1.203 which includes all the changes from this weeks calibre release, and also a couple of extra goodies for all you faithful beta testers:

1) Support for MTP devices on OS X
2) Support for converting cbz/cbr files that have images in the webp format

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/

The support for MTP devices is experimental, the last time I tried it, it caused high CPU usage/hangs on some OS X computers. Since then the underlying library (libusbx) has had many fixes, so I am hoping it is more stable now. However, if it still causes problems, I will take it out again.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #129
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I don't know if I would call this a bug but it's a bit of an annoyance. When I connect my Aura HD to Calibre, the Get list of books on devices shows Working as the status for a few seconds, then switches to getting books on device. At the point, the progress goes from unavailable to 100% where it sits until the job is finished. I used to know that it took about 50 seconds for the job to complete but now the running time doesn't show so that is no longer helpful.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:54 PM   #130
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
I have upload version 1.203 which includes all the changes from this weeks calibre release, and also a couple of extra goodies for all you faithful beta testers:

1) Support for MTP devices on OS X
2) Support for converting cbz/cbr files that have images in the webp format

http://download.calibre-ebook.com/betas/

The support for MTP devices is experimental, the last time I tried it, it caused high CPU usage/hangs on some OS X computers. Since then the underlying library (libusbx) has had many fixes, so I am hoping it is more stable now. However, if it still causes problems, I will take it out again.
I have switched to calibre 1.20.x.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #131
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@DNSB: I dont think this has anything to do with Qt 5. As far as I know, the behavior of the jobs dialog is identical in Qt 4 vs Qt 5. Are you seeing something different?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #132
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
David: Are you using any of the jobs that the utilities plugin starts? These are created after the job that gets the book list finishes. The backup job seems to be the worst of them. The reading position job can take a while to setup, but it displays a progress bar so you know something is happening.

The time taken does seem to be longer with 1.203 than with the portable version of 1.46. But, it might be related to the size of the libraries I'm testing with. I'll have a look to see if where the hold up is.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 04:12 AM   #133
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@DNSB: I dont think this has anything to do with Qt 5. As far as I know, the behavior of the jobs dialog is identical in Qt 4 vs Qt 5. Are you seeing something different?
Finally had an attack of brilliance. I had installed the beta over the 1.x version after uninstalling the 1.x version (Windows 7 x64). I tried uninstalling the beta, installing 1.46 and saw the same behaviour but the columns in the job list were resizeable which they were't in the beta.

So uninstalled Calibre, deleted the calibre_cache and calibre directories in the local user and reinstalled. The job columns are now displaying properly and are resizeable with 1.203.1.

Hitting the patient in the head with a fire axe worked!

Regards,
David
Old 07-27-2014, 04:15 AM   #134
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
David: Are you using any of the jobs that the utilities plugin starts? These are created after the job that gets the book list finishes. The backup job seems to be the worst of them. The reading position job can take a while to setup, but it displays a progress bar so you know something is happening.

The time taken does seem to be longer with 1.203 than with the portable version of 1.46. But, it might be related to the size of the libraries I'm testing with. I'll have a look to see if where the hold up is.
This was when I first connected the reader to the computer and Calibre was loading the book information from the reader so Kobo Utilities was not involved -- I hope.

Sample pics attached but as previous message mentioned, issue went away with a clean install of the beta.

My bad...

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_job_timeless.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	125993   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_job_with_time.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	125994   Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_12031_job_list.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	125995  
Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #135
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Congratulations to all of the developers who have been porting over the various plugins. I just reviewed my list of installed plugins and of the 23 plugins I have installed only the following 3 2 haven't been ported over.

Quick Preferences
Extract ISBN
Import List

Truthfully I have never used the Import List plugin, but it sounded like a plugin I might have a use for someday.

Thanks to all and well done.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 07-28-2014 at 11:12 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote