Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 03:07 AM   #241
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
Breakfast at Ginger's

So clever...
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #242
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
see if I can do it right yet...

and just in case

DARN IT!!!
Now, that's a cat I like...
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 AM   #243
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well I counted 13, kinda got lost when I wondered if bounce passes were going to count, caught the gorilla, and did not notice the curtain. (didn't know ahead of time either)
I have always regarded myself as being very observant, and I completely missed the gorilla! I counted 15 passes...
Old 05-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #244
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I have always regarded myself as being very observant, and I completely missed the gorilla! I counted 15 passes...
it was weird... it was like, 10, ele.... oh hello! there's a gorilla! even... 12
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:57 PM   #245
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #246
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
“The boy was cured of rabies?”

Louis Pasteur was a great microbiologist, but once symptoms develop, rabies is nearly 100% fatal, even with today’s medical science. What he invented was a vaccine; not a cure.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #247
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #248
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ahh, yes .... the good ole days! That pic was BIG when it came out. Hot stuff!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #249
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

This one's off-site, but worth a look if you're as fascinated by optical illusions as I am, and NewScientist is a trusted link.

Impossible Motion
http://brightcove.newscientist.com/s...id=84681114001
Old 05-21-2010, 12:40 AM   #250
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
A babysitting cat-astrophe:

ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:05 AM   #251
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I've never seen anything like that! That cat is insane!

The only time when I've seen anything close was in a head shop in San Francisco in 1968. I went to pet a cat that was sitting on a shelf when the cat jumped up, hissed savagely, and faced me with a look in his eyes that clearly meant he was challenging me to a fight. That cat was serious! He was ready to bring it! I looked at the owner of the shop, and he said the cat had been that way ever since someone gave it a hit of LSD.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-21-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #252
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
OMG. There is something wacko about that cat! I can't believe she "put up with it like that" (cat lovers hide your eyes) I would have kicked the thing across the room, if not into it's next life.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #253
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Was that shot on a "nanny-cam"?

And I'd have to agree with Tom - that sort of cat behavior usually results from the cat ingesting some legal/illegal drug - it's common for them to have extreme paradoxical reactions - some are even named in the medical literature ("morphine mania" - instead of being sedated cats go completely bonkers). So my question is -- what was in the glass?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:30 PM   #254
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Was that shot on a "nanny-cam"?

And I'd have to agree with Tom - that sort of cat behavior usually results from the cat ingesting some legal/illegal drug - it's common for them to have extreme paradoxical reactions - some are even named in the medical literature ("morphine mania" - instead of being sedated cats go completely bonkers). So my question is -- what was in the glass?

Catnip?
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #255
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Currently, this one cracks me up.
Even when I just think about it I burst out laughing.
I mean, WTF???

Last edited by mores; 05-21-2010 at 12:43 PM.
mores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price