Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2007, 02:54 AM   #1
jimbob99
jimbob99 began at the beginning.

Buying reader from japan

Hi all,
I've been following this forum for a while and decided I'd like to get my hands on a reader. No ironically enough the reader is not available here in Japan and it doesn't seem like it will be for some time. So I was looking for recommendations on vendors who would ship out here. The most likely candidate I've found so far is :
http://www.bhphotovideo.com
but they won't ship outside the US if your billing address doesn't match the delivery address ( I have an Australian credit card but live in Japan ). Can anyone recommend a good alternative ?
Thanks
jimbob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
I'd recommend having it shipped to a family member in the US and they can flat-rate it to you vis USPS. Of course this will only work if you have an APO/FPO address ($ony, in their infinite wisdom, does not regard these types of addresses as legit US addresses even though it's a California zip code). Seems the other methods are pretty darn expensive to ship here and the odds of you finding the first-gen of this device; i.e., the Librie, are slim to none. Believe me, I was looking for it for the past 4 months w/o success even in downtown Tokyo. Good luck!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
nadgol2007
nadgol2007 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I bought Reader from http://www.bhphotovideo.com using Japanese credit card. You just need to fax them a copy of both sides of your credit card.They delivered reader to Yokohama in 4 days.
By the way, I called an Overseas department of Sony Support Center in Japan and they even do not know the name of this device.
nadgol2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel
I'd recommend having it shipped to a family member in the US and they can flat-rate it to you vis USPS. Of course this will only work if you have an APO/FPO address ($ony, in their infinite wisdom, does not regard these types of addresses as legit US addresses even though it's a California zip code). Seems the other methods are pretty darn expensive to ship here and the odds of you finding the first-gen of this device; i.e., the Librie, are slim to none. Believe me, I was looking for it for the past 4 months w/o success even in downtown Tokyo. Good luck!
I like your designation of $ony! It's philosophically correct!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #5
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
It is the most ridiculous things I have heard so far. Sony gadget is NOT available in Japan! Where our words is going?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert