Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Title Case

is there a way to change a book title to title case
if it is not after the meta data is fetched

The Mark of Ran

to me thats what a title should look like but importing meta data usually changes it to something like

The mark of ran
is there a keyboard combination or something that would allow me to change files one at a time or better yet in batch.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I do not think there is what you want. However it sounds like a good idea, so you may want to open a ticket requesting this is a future enhancement.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 06:43 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Right click on the area with the text, highlight the Change Case menu item, select title case. This works in both the library and metadata window. In the library you will have to double click and have the area editable first.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thought it had to be too good an idea to not already have been thought about
Old 10-15-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I ask about it after I had done about a 100 or so books manually

The title case makes a letter after ' capital as well is it
supposed to be like that in title case or is it an error

i.e captain's fury
changes to

Captain'S Fury
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2009, 06:23 AM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
I ask about it after I had done about a 100 or so books manually

The title case makes a letter after ' capital as well is it
supposed to be like that in title case or is it an error

i.e captain's fury
changes to

Captain'S Fury
It's not an error. The issue is there is no good way to differentiate between don't and O'Connor. I say good way because it is possible, sort of with English, calibre is not English only. I'm willing to integrate a language neutral solution if someone comes up with one.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 08:01 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard

I had seen two implentation answers to this:
- One checked for more than a certain number of characters before the quote (typically 3 or 4) and did not capatailise if it was less than this.
- The other (which seemed better) did not capatilise if there were only one or two characters following the quote. This case picks most common English abreviations. It would have handled both the original example and your one of "don't".