Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-19-2011, 06:49 PM   #1
G J Lau
Zealot
G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.G J Lau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
The Magpie's Secret

I just published my first 99,000 word e-book entitled The Magpie's Secret. It's available on Smashwords at this link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/36482.

The Magpie's Secret evolved from recollections of my time in Vietnam coupled with a period when I volunteered as a listener at a youth Hotline. Add in 30 years of work and marriage and kids and experience and out came this novel. The main character is Frank Martinelli. He was hit hard by the disappearance of his daughter 20 years ago. A year after that he volunteered at a local hotline where he was again scarred by his failure to help a young girl name Rachel who dies in what may or may not have been an accident. His inability to accept these losses costs him his marriage and he soon finds himself just drifting though his life not caring what happens to him.

That changes when an old Army buddy drops by to warn Frank that someone wants him dead. The search for answers leads Frank back to Rachel and the secret she shared with him, a secret that someone apparently wants buried with Frank. Could Rachel’s explosive family secret have made Frank the target of a hit man? As if Frank’s life wasn’t complicated enough, he finds himself falling for the mother of the man who may be trying to kill him. Untangling these old secrets leads Frank into a new web of secrets and lies, and he becomes an unwitting pawn in a conspiracy where nothing is at it seems.

You can find more about the book and about me at my blog, http://www.windroot.blogspot.com/. Anyone who would like to preview the book can do so at Smashwords, where I have made just about the first half of the book open for reading.

Last edited by G J Lau; 01-20-2011 at 05:09 AM.
G J Lau is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book, smashwords, suspense, the magpie's secret, thriller