anonymousadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #62
Rique
Zealot
Rique began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (silver), IPad 3G 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousadrian View Post
Well, you mentioned this in another thread, so I'm snipping the photo from this quote.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85215

This post (and a recent post in the other thread referenced above) concerns the Quirky Cloak, developed and marketed by Quirky - an interesting concept and company... kind of as open source product development and marketing.

This blog entry covers ongoing development and the current timeline:

http://aquirkyblog.com/2010/05/cloak...to-completion/

More about Quirky:

http://www.quirky.com/

-- Riq
Rique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 04:00 PM   #63
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
http://www.zagg.com/leatherskins/index.php

interesting.. something new.. a leather "skin". $50 for the back of the ipad though. ouch.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM   #64
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
http://www.zagg.com/leatherskins/index.php

interesting.. something new.. a leather "skin". $50 for the back of the ipad though. ouch.
Ouch is right. But if they bring out an iPhone 4 version, I might bite. I've come to hate most phone cases, and my elderly original iPhone currently sports a leather-covered plastic snap-on back--otherwise, it's just too slippery to hold. Something like this would fit the bill nicely for me.

After using the typing position of the MacAlly Bookstand for a few weeks, I have a hard time understanding why so many iPad cases are designed without that function. I only wish I could fine a good quality leather case that doesn't cover the bezel of the iPad, is relatively light, and functions as well as this one does!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #65
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousadrian View Post
No protection for the screen when in in a bag for transportation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #66
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's not sold as a case, but as a stand.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #67
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
No protection for the screen when in in a bag for transportation.
Hi Jon, here is another shot of the Cloak (also showing the available colors):

I think that is probably adequate protection.

-- Riq
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cloak.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	53584  

Last edited by Rique; 06-17-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #68
Rique
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's not sold as a case, but as a stand.
Harry,

They call it a "case that doubles as a stand".

http://www.quirky.com/products/30-Cloak-iPad-Case

-- Rique
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM   #69
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

here's an interesting case the particle. even comes with a sketch stylus.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #70
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
here's an interesting case the particle. even comes with a sketch stylus.
Pretty good price when you consider the Pogo alone retails for $15......
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:10 PM   #71
scottjl
Reader of Books

looks like "bumpers" are the new in thing. i do think the numbs on the back are a good idea. no more rocking on a flat surface. if i didn't have my apple case i'd probably go for this one.

has anyone used a stylus with the ipad..? thoughts?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #72
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I was going to ask the same thing. I bought a stylus with my iPhone 3G (2 years ago) and tried it and hated it. I had to press hard enough that I worried about the glass. The rubber tip is trying to simulate a finger tip, and I think it wanted more than one atom of contact; hence the pressing. But I worried, and so didn't use it.

If I find that stylus again (somewhere??) I'll try it on the iPad.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:57 PM   #73
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I was going to ask the same thing. I bought a stylus with my iPhone 3G (2 years ago) and tried it and hated it. I had to press hard enough that I worried about the glass. The rubber tip is trying to simulate a finger tip, and I think it wanted more than one atom of contact; hence the pressing. But I worried, and so didn't use it.

If I find that stylus again (somewhere??) I'll try it on the iPad.
I agree - I tried a stylus to lessen fingerprints - but found myself having to thwack the screen with it. Finger tips work better - and a microfiber towel is excellent at removing fingerprints.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #74
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
After searching for a case I've decided for this two:

[URL="http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/15502723/Accessory-Village-Black-Apple-iPad-Advanced-Pro-Case-Luxury-Executive-Wallet-Cover-Stand-Flip-Case/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0[/URL]

And this one:

[URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snugg-Leather-Case-Cover-iPad/dp/B003LR7ME6/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"[/URL]

What do you think I should get?

Last edited by Gibbo; 06-20-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #75
scottjl
Reader of Books

those links didn't come through correctly..