Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Sony Daily Reader PRS-2121 Technical Specifications

Sony PRS-2121 Reader Daily Edition Specifications List:

• Display: 7 inch. touch-screen
• Resolution: Unknown
• Gray scale: 16-levels gray scale
• Internal Memory: 512MB, 380MB accessible
• Expanded Memory: Support for Sony Memory Stick Pro DUO and SDHC
• Font Size: 5 adjustable font sizes
• Battery: Sealed internal, up to two weeks of reading on a single charge
• Wireless: AT&T 3G wireless (free), access to eBook store only, no web browser
• Files supported: Adobe PDF (with reflow capability), Microsoft Word, BBeB, EPUB

From http://www.kokeytechnology.com/wirel...pecifications/

Anyone got more details?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Sony PRS-2121 Reader Daily Edition Specifications List:

• Display: 7 inch. touch-screen
• Resolution: Unknown
• Gray scale: 16-levels gray scale
• Internal Memory: 512MB, 380MB accessible
• Expanded Memory: Support for Sony Memory Stick Pro DUO and SDHC
• Font Size: 5 adjustable font sizes
• Battery: Sealed internal, up to two weeks of reading on a single charge
• Wireless: AT&T 3G wireless (free), access to eBook store only, no web browser
• Files supported: Adobe PDF (with reflow capability), Microsoft Word, BBeB, EPUB

From http://www.kokeytechnology.com/wirel...pecifications/

Anyone got more details?
I'm not intending to be mean, but that's nothing new. That list was cribbed from other news sources.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm not intending to be mean, but that's nothing new. That list was cribbed from other news sources.
Nothing wrong with that, just didn't see it said explicitly anywhere here..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
lunged
Enthusiast
lunged doesn't litterlunged doesn't litter

Device: iPad
I've said it before, I'll say it again. 1024x600. I have no solid proof, just an educated guess based on pictures.
lunged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #5
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
In think that is the first time I have heard of a PRS-number designation for the Daily edition.

Too bad the didn't call it PRS-2112. The I would definitely RUSH out and get one.

Sorry. Obscure reference.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
In think that is the first time I have heard of a PRS-number designation for the Daily edition.

Too bad the didn't call it PRS-2112. The I would definitely RUSH out and get one.

Sorry. Obscure reference.
I wish they'd gone for PRS-2525.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 PM   #7
Who are you?
Groupie
Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Who are you? ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 505
The mockup Sony showed seems to indicate an 8" screen, 7" high. Not 7" diagonal.

Also, this is not the first time Sony released the PRS-2121, I'm not sure if I like the new one better than the old .
Who are you? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 AM   #8
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Ooooh. Shiny!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 05:11 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. No Sony Reader has ever supported Microsoft Word files. The device supports RTF; the PC-based eBook Librarian software converts Word Doc files to RTF.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 AM   #10
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm pretty sure this is wrong. No Sony Reader has ever supported Microsoft Word files. The device supports RTF; the PC-based eBook Librarian software converts Word Doc files to RTF.
I guess you can say it does because I put Word files directly on my reader using the library software all the time. Of course, I'm sure it convert it to RTF but all you do is pull the Microsoft Word document to the reader, no conversion necessary, so in a way yes it supports Word.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm sorry, but that's like saying that the iPod "supports WMA" files because iTunes converts them to MP3 for you. It's the software doing the conversion; the Reader does not support Word files any more than the iPod supports WMA files .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 AM   #12
worxland
Connoisseur
worxland began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, Paperwhite
wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I guess you can say it does because I put Word files directly on my reader using the library software all the time. Of course, I'm sure it convert it to RTF but all you do is pull the Microsoft Word document to the reader, no conversion necessary, so in a way yes it supports Word.
As I use direct filecopy to move files from PC to 505 there is no conversion therefore .doc support for me is non-existent.
worxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 AM   #13
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
If you're using the library software, you're not putting files directly on your reader--the library software is acting as the intermediary that's handling the conversion and transfer (as has been pointed out).
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Also, according to Sony, you need MS Word installed in order to for the conversion to RTF to work.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Where does "PRS-2121" come from?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote