Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
The_Bookworm
The_Bookworm began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I'm a newbie.

Hi, everybody.

From yesterday I'm a proud owner of the Sony PRS-600 reader (already frozen, nevertheless... but I solved via PSP wall charger).

Being a newbie in this field, I've some questions to ask. Is there anyone so kind to help me?

I installed the Sony e-Book Library, but...

1. I think I'm not able to put my e-book in the reader in a decent way;
2. the reader easily froze when I try to read some of my e-book;
3. I think I've to install some mod viewer (calibre?) to resolve the first problem at least... or it was better to install it before the Sony e-Book Library? I'm a bit confused, you know!
4. suggestion, help, cheers... everything is welcome!

I'm hopeless, but thank you for your patience and your (possible) replies.

The_Bookworm
The_Bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Welcome to the Forum.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Calibre runs independently of the Sony Software.

As far as the crashes, have you tried to update the reader? If I rememb er right, they released an update that fixes some crashes.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Hello.

You may get more answers posting in the specific Sony 600 forum. You may also want to browse thru the same forum.

Do you have the most up to date firmware., I seem to recall that Sony issued a firmware update?

Good luck and enjoy your reader.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
^^ John F is right. there is a specific forum for your reader. But nevertheless, welcome to the forum!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert