Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #1
ilvnet
ilvnet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
HELP- Kindle 4 WIFI not work

Just got the brand new kindle 4 w/ 4.0.1 OS.

First time start up the WIFI worked well and it went thru registration.

but it losted wifi connection after a while and when I tried to connect agian, it kept scaning and got nothing.
I checked the device info, the WIFI MAC becomes Unavialable, and it keeping restarts every 3 minutes.

I tried hold the power buttone for 20 seconds, as well as restore factory default, but kept geting same result(WIFI MAC Unavialable and restarts over and over again)

I searched forum and find the following thread raised the exactly same problem but closed without solution.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=102138

Could any experts help me out here? I am a newbee to kindle but a familiar w/ computers...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE!

I can post the log files if that would help for identifying the problem.

But cannot use the WIFI, I have my wlan in my place which works fine.
And then I goto the Menu - Setting
The WIFI MAC address is "Unavailable"!

Which means the WiFi module is loose or something?
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
My wi-fi only K Touch has all kinds of problems connecting to my network, whereas my K3 has no issue at all. Go figure.

Try restarting your wireless network. Then try connecting the Kindle again. My Kindle Touch always connects once I reset my modem.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
ilvnet
ilvnet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
My wi-fi only K Touch has all kinds of problems connecting to my network, whereas my K3 has no issue at all. Go figure.

Try restarting your wireless network. Then try connecting the Kindle again. My Kindle Touch always connects once I reset my modem.
Thanks, pidgeon, Yes, I have tried restart the wireless AP(router) many times and got same result.

Now the K4 restarts every 2-3minutes even I turn WIFI off, so I can even not read anything now.

Going CRAZY....
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvnet View Post
Thanks, pidgeon, Yes, I have tried restart the wireless AP(router) many times and got same result.

Now the K4 restarts every 2-3minutes even I turn WIFI off, so I can even not read anything now.

Going CRAZY....
It shouldn't be doing that. It sounds like it's either broke or defective. Call Kindle Support they will send you a replacement. I had my first one replaced with no problems.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote