Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 10:02 PM   #16
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
In that case DO NOT EVER get the current BLACK touch. Fingerprints don't really bother me, but with the new rubberized surface on the front of the black KT every touch leaves a fingerprint and there's no easy way to wipe them off.
I ordered the black touch precisely because of fingerprints, getting dirty, etc.
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #17
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Ok - an update. I boxed up the touch last night and ran it back to Chapters. The lady was really surprised to see the state of the screen. She said the only returns they had had so far were just people who changed their minds on colour before opening the box.

I DID do a factory reset before I took it back - just in case it fixed it but, alas, it did not.

I'm just happy they exchanged it without a hassle. They did exchange lilac for lilac and didn't give me an option to change colours...but I played with the black one and YEP the fingerprints on thebezel would have driven me bonkers. Chances are, I'm just going to order a skin for the front of the one I have.

Oh - and in other news - the replacement unit I got is WAAAAAAAY more responsive. I think there was something really wrong with the screen of the defective one. Hopefully it isn't a widespread issue. The new one is brighter and actually picks up my touches almost everytime. The first one, I would need to swipe or tap 4-5 times to get it to pick up most of the time.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #18
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
I ordered the black touch precisely because of fingerprints, getting dirty, etc.
If you changed your mind - I'm sure they would exchange it instore for you before you open it...
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #19
portablejim
Enthusiast
portablejim has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Touch Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by khourianya View Post
If you changed your mind - I'm sure they would exchange it instore for you before you open it...
Something I cannot do, since I am in Australia - no one here sells the touch.
portablejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #20
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablejim View Post
Something I cannot do, since I am in Australia - no one here sells the touch.
it's not as bad as you may think.
i have the black one, was considering switching to white but i have nothing against it.
i get the odd fingerprint on the sides but it's easy to wipe off or at least make it not noticeable.

the only reason i won't return mine is that it responds perfectly, i never have to double tap and only light taps in certain areas are enough for it to do the required command.

i'm super impressed with the speed and functionality that if i changed it and the new unit was worse in that area i'd be really upset.

so i'll just stick with the black and go with the flow.

glad you got a new one khourianya, they're usually pretty good at replacing defective units.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #21
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
In that case DO NOT EVER get the current BLACK touch. Fingerprints don't really bother me, but with the new rubberized surface on the front of the black KT every touch leaves a fingerprint and there's no easy way to wipe them off.
I find the micro fiber cloth i use works slight damp works great for me
oh yeah never eat kentucky fried chicken while ereading......

LOL

peace

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #22
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by khourianya View Post
I just uploaded a couple of photos...

It's defintiely not a ghosting issue...it affects the screen no matter what. I'm just going to box it up tonight and return it. I love the device and if this isn't a widespread defect - I still want to have one!
This looks like the screen connector coming loose for some reason. Definitely return it and get a new one.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #23
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
I have a black one and it's in a cover right now..I looked on Decalgirl but no skins yet for the Touch..the fingerprints don't bug me that much and I like the way the black one looks- very sleek.
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:40 AM   #24
icefaery
icefaery began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Smile geleskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I have a black one and it's in a cover right now..I looked on Decalgirl but no skins yet for the Touch..the fingerprints don't bug me that much and I like the way the black one looks- very sleek.
geleskins make a fantastic skin for the touch. I have one.
icefaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:14 AM   #25
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
or put it in a case, where fingerprints are not an issue
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote