Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-19-2023, 12:30 AM   #226
User_Z
Connoisseur
User_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Computer, iPad
Quote:
To be clear ... I have *no* control or ability to change any files on Transifex itself. Only the team of translators with access to that language do.
It's a little weird to read this. If Sigil is your project, then why is translating done by just anyone?

In any case, tell me, finally, who is this elusive Joe who runs the Transifex? We will look for him.
Or it is elusive, because no one needs it.

Now, when I go to Transifex, I get to the page of a certain "Zdpo" and the whole Sigil is there.

Quote:
I can just download the latest uk_UA ts file from Transifex and rename it just before committing it to Sigil master for use in Release builds.

That is what I am asking if you want me to do that.
Yes. Do it.
User_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 01:14 AM   #227
User_Z
Connoisseur
User_Z began at the beginning.

Device: Computer, iPad
And further.

Everything that is described here for the Ukrainian language applies to other languages too.
For example, to Danish.

Transfer to Transifex:
Danish (da) - 0%
Danish (Denmark) (da_DK) - 85.9%

The qtbase_da.qm file is missing in the "C:\Program Files\Sigil\translations\" directory, so the text in the program is replaced by English.

From this we can conclude: in addition to the fact that the assembly system does not work correctly (as already mentioned above), the language set is incorrectly formed on Transifex.

Last edited by User_Z; 07-19-2023 at 01:36 AM.
User_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #228
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Volunteers request languages on Transifex. Transifex hosts our opensource project for free. I did not create the Transifex site. We download and install into Sigil the translations that the volunteers create and support. Sigil can decide which to install (only those 70 - 75% or more complete) and ship with Sigil. I could probably delete some languages, but I am loathe to do that when someone might still be using them with their own Sigil builds.

The region need only be used if the same base language differs across different countries or regions. Otherwise if all else equal we choose the language only version. Danish users probably understand the simple level of English in the qtbase translations so well they do not care.

So it is the volunteer translators that control this process which is right as they are the ones volunteering their time and energy.

Join the Sigil project at Transifex and start to work on the uk translation if you want to have more control.

I will rename the uk_UA ts file before committing it to the Sigil build tree.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 12:42 PM   #229
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Just in case it helps to test things. I have pulled in translations from Transifex and updated Sigil master (after renaming Sigil/src/Resource_Files/ts/sigil_uk_UA.ts to just sigil_uk.ts).

If anyone builds their own on windows, please give that a try and let me know if it accomplishes what you need.

If not, I will be making a second and final pass at updating translations in about a week or two, so we still have time to change things if need be.

I have done the same for PageEdit.

Hope this helps.

KevinH

Last edited by KevinH; 07-19-2023 at 01:02 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 02:24 PM   #230
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
The region need only be used if the same base language differs across different countries or regions. Otherwise if all else equal we choose the language only version. Danish users probably understand the simple level of English in the qtbase translations so well they do not care.
Just wanted to say, that the da_DK works just nicely. I translated it up to something near a 100% back in the beginning of 2021 using QT Linguist. (Not going to do that again – I did it out of curiosity – I prefer the English original )

For those who don't know, QT Linguist is a standalone translation tool that uses Transifex .ts files as a working format, and are able to export the compilated .qm files used by Sigil directly, so one can test ones translations before uploading to Transifex.

For those not wanting to download the whole QT-complex just to get at the Lingust, there are a standalone installer project developing under the PortableApps umbrella. It's also possible to get an older version 5.12 windows installer somewhere on the net – that was the one I used.

Regards,

Kim
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:57 AM   #231
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
For those not wanting to download the whole QT-complex just to get at the Lingust, there are a standalone installer project developing under the PortableApps umbrella. It's also possible to get an older version 5.12 windows installer somewhere on the net – that was the one I used.
Python for Windows users might already have QT Linguist on their machines, because PySide6 comes with QT Linguist 6.5.2. (It's in \Lib\site-packages\PySide6.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote