Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Error-code: 3-007 in connect store

I'm trying to buy books but everytime when I try to download my books manually (he tried all at ones but they never showed up) I get this error.

Any help would be more than welcome.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Ok I got it to work.

I tried to uninstall the connect software but he warned me that I should first de-authorize my PC. So I clicked on "Cancel uninstall". Then I tried to start Connect but the program was already removed.

So I placed the connect CD in my PC and he asked if I would like to re-install. After this it worked fine.

Weird. To be safe I would like to do a clean uninstall and then re-install it. What is the procedure? Do I first have to de-authorize my PC and Reader?
Advert
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I don't think anyone's found a procedure, DiabloNL, I guess you get to be the guinea pig.

But from what you said, it sounds like de-authing the PC is a minimum, I shouldn't think you'd need to de-auth the Reader, since it's authorized to your Connect account, not to the PC software. But that's a guess, so salt to taste.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Ok, I will give it a try.

Do you know if it is possible to put a copy of the purchased books on the PC outside of the Connect software? So like on my desktop for example.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not directly, but you should be able to (I haven't tried it, though I've been meaning to), place them on a memory card, and then use File Explorer to move them where ever you like.

Of course, if all else fails, you can always re-download them, but I expect that's what you're trying to avoid.
Advert
Old 11-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You can find your book files in My Documents\My Books. Purchased books have .lrx extension.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
You can find your book files in My Documents\My Books. Purchased books have .lrx extension.

Thanks igorsk & NatCh, no way of converting them to text. Or is it unbreakable?
Old 11-08-2006, 05:33 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist

I think you'd have to break the DRM for that, something I expect Sony would frown on.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:30 AM   #9
wrryntx
wrryntx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I was having the 3-007 problem with the latest book I tried to buy, even though things had worked fine for the first three and some RSS feeds. After a few rounds with email support, they told me that 3-007 refers to an error on the PC end. This gave me the clue I needed to figure out that my automatic backup software was getting in the way. This book was over ten times as large as the others, so I think that explains why the other books worked. The problem was that *after* the file was downloaded, ConnectReader needed to modify the file to authorize it. For the smaller books, either ConnectReader could get this done before the backup software noticed the book or the backup software copied the original version fast enough that the file lock didn't get in ConnectReader's way.
wrryntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 09:49 AM   #10
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
.lrx is thr DRMed books. Some of the original books that came with the Reader are .lrs (non-DRMed) I have converted some to .RTF with various results. Also I have backed up my purchased books onto CD.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote