Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-18-2013, 03:43 AM   #23671
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Attachment 101447

Soooo big. Had a white chocolate mocha at Starbucks.
Now I'm going to assume it was you that had the mocha, not Lucas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
Cappuccino in my cup! It's going to be a strange week. But also a very good one! Tomorrow we are going to sign the sale deed at the notary's office! Which means we're officially landowners!

We went to a Japanese restaurant with my BF family yesterday. It was so fun, we had to wear a kimono and the chef kept throwing food at us By the time we got there, we'd already had a couple of glasses of champagne. Which resulted in the picture attached
Congrats. And a great way to celebrate .

Nothing in my cup. Must do something about that.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #23672
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Cappuccino in my cup! It's going to be a strange week. But also a very good one! Tomorrow we are going to sign the sale deed at the notary's office! Which means we're officially landowners!

We went to a Japanese restaurant with my BF family yesterday. It was so fun, we had to wear a kimono and the chef kept throwing food at us By the time we got there, we'd already had a couple of glasses of champagne. Which resulted in the picture attached
Congrats on signing the sale deed; that must feel as a big step!
BTW: I hope the chef threw something edible at you?

In my cup: cold coffee
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #23673
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:

Nice looking couple! Japanese food too! What a coincidence ... I had Japanese food for dinner tonight too. But... You are wearing 'Yukata,' not kimono. Almost the same but not quite. Yukata are more like house robes rather than formal wear. But ya both still look pretty darn good!

Stitchawl

Sent from my I Phone with Tapatalk
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #23674
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I'm having a cup of minty green tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Congrats on signing the sale deed; that must feel as a big step!
BTW: I hope the chef threw something edible at you?

In my cup: cold coffee
Thanks! He threw pieces of baked egg mostly. It was very funny to watch, real show cooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Congrats. And a great way to celebrate .

Nothing in my cup. Must do something about that.
Thanks! More celebrating tomorrow, the fridge is already stocked with champagne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Nice looking couple! Japanese food too! What a coincidence ... I had Japanese food for dinner tonight too. But... You are wearing 'Yukata,' not kimono. Almost the same but not quite. Yukata are more like house robes rather than formal wear. But ya both still look pretty darn good!

Stitchawl
Thanks Our waitress said to us: "please put on your kimono", so I'd assumed that's what it was. Thank you for the clarification! I'm still not completely sure whether I like Japanese food or not ... Everything was really salty, and I use as little salt as possible when I'm cooking.
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:20 AM   #23675
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks! He threw pieces of baked egg mostly. It was very funny to watch, real show cooking
Be happy it wasn't raw egg he was throwing. MUCH harder to catch...

Quote:
Thanks! More celebrating tomorrow, the fridge is already stocked with champagne!
Congrats on the finalization! You do realize that now need to walk around and pee on all your borders to mark your territory...

Quote:
Thanks Our waitress said to us: "please put on your kimono", so I'd assumed that's what it was. Thank you for the clarification!
One big difference is in the belt. If you had a really wide Kimono Obi, about 10" wide, and several under-kimono, then it was a kimono. (Also, it would be tight around your neck rather than opened.) A thin sash closes a Yukata, which is also shorter than a Kimono.

Quote:
I'm still not completely sure whether I like Japanese food or not ...
It is said that "Japanese eat with their eyes, while Westerners eat with their tongues." In Japanese cooking, the 'presentation' is more important than the taste. And the tastes tend to be rather thin compared with other cuisines. Frankly, it's not one of my favorites, although I eat it almost every day for at least one meal. Until quite recently, I couldn't even eat Japanese cakes and pastries... They were incredibly beautiful, but tasted like a feather pillow...

Quote:
Everything was really salty, and I use as little salt as possible when I'm cooking.
Most dishes are made with shoyu (soy sauce) which is salty. Add in some seaweed, which is salty, and you get some pretty salty foods. When we cook Japanese food at home, we don't add salt as the ingredients tend to make it salty enough.

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 02-18-2013, 06:00 AM   #23676
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Tomorrow we are going to sign the sale deed at the notary's office! Which means we're officially landowners!
Congratulations!

My first coke zero of the day is now only a memory. Onto iced water.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #23677
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:

Yay!!! Congrats!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #23678
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Red Bull.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #23679
Stitchawl
Opsimath

While musing over a glass of tequila, I began to wonder...

Quote:
Which means we're officially landowners!
... does this mean you can own serfs? And if so, does your boyfriend get 'prima nocta?' (It was his grin that got me thinking...) I mean, I own a condo, but we didn't get any peasants with it. Did I screw up somewhere along the line?

Stitchawl
Old 02-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #23680
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:

Wow! That there is the definition of cheese eating grin! Congrats!��
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #23681
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Congrats on the land!

Yellow tea in my cup. Lucas has moved from an army crawl to a regular crawl.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #23682
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Iri - congratulations on your official signing. Isn't it so exciting to get really going on your home?

Coffee in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #23683
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas pulled himself from sitting to standing twice. I think I need beer.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #23684
Stitchawl
Opsimath

In the early morning rain
With a dollar in my hand
With an achin' in my heart
And my pockets full of sand
I'm a long way from home
And I miss my loved ones so
In the early morning rain
With no place to go

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OCnHNk2Hac )

Good morning, all! A rainy Tuesday morn, and lots to do today... First though, a big mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea, a plate of hummus, some Kalamata olives, and Kavli. Then it's 'put on the rubber gloves and get to work. Today's the day to wash the walls. This means moving all the furniture away to make room, taking down all the pictures and decorations, etc., etc., and mixing up a batch of 'Oxy-Clean.' If you've seen the infomercials on TV, this stuff really, really works they way they promise! It cuts right through oily grime like butter, and gets the dirt off the tops of aircon unites, door moldings, etc., as well as brightening up the walls! As soon as we get it cleaned up the real estate agents can begin bringing potential buyers around. The last time we moved to Thailand we just rented out the place. This time we want to sell it as we don't plan on coming back.

Stitchawl
Old 02-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #23685
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Lucas pulled himself from sitting to standing twice. I think I need beer.

Maybe he does...
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?