Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-07-2016, 11:57 AM   #1
Greenbeast
Greenbeast began at the beginning.

Device: K4, PW
5.8.1/Jailbreak, no effect?

So i got a PW2 this week after enjoying my K4 for several years. I had all my collections set up using Calibre. I realised straight away i can't do collections like that anymore and need something like LibrarianSync.

So i need to jail break.
The PW2 started at 5.8.1 (i think it did an update between me getting hold of it and realising i needed to JB).
I successfuly downgraded and JB it, got the mkk folder, and installed KUAL.
At the 5.4.3.2 FW i can see KUAL on the home screen (but it doesn't run, which is correct for non-Japanese models right?)
When i update back to 5.8.1 i can no longer see a KUAL shortcut.

Am i misunderstanding what capabilities i should have?

All i really want is LibrarianSync

Help and/or direction much appreciated
Greenbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #2
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenbeast View Post
So i got a PW2 this week after enjoying my K4 for several years. I had all my collections set up using Calibre. I realised straight away i can't do collections like that anymore and need something like LibrarianSync.

So i need to jail break.
The PW2 started at 5.8.1 (i think it did an update between me getting hold of it and realising i needed to JB).
I successfuly downgraded and JB it, got the mkk folder, and installed KUAL.
At the 5.4.3.2 FW i can see KUAL on the home screen (but it doesn't run, which is correct for non-Japanese models right?)
When i update back to 5.8.1 i can no longer see a KUAL shortcut.

Am i misunderstanding what capabilities i should have?

All i really want is LibrarianSync

Help and/or direction much appreciated
Use the search on your kindle for KUAL and run it directly from the AZW2 book file. Then away you go.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Play with that selector in the upper left of the screen -
If it is the one: "Cloud / Downloaded" try both, "Downloaded" is the one you want.

Also be sure the 'show all' thingy is set.

No, it is not correct - - -
Which set of directions did you follow?
It reads as if you where not following:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877

Note that the PW-2 is a special case, with special case instructions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
kalyy
Enthusiast
kalyy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
You have to sort by 'Downloaded' content to see KUAL in your library.
kalyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 01:18 PM   #5
Greenbeast
Greenbeast began at the beginning.

Device: K4, PW
Ah brilliant, something simple, just needed to sort by downloaded as suggested. Many thanks

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Greenbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2016, 01:31 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Hmm, people keep asking this one.

knc1 -- maybe it should be in the FGA.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote