Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #16
Seabound
Steerage Class
Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Seabound ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Won't fit here anymore, see sig for a list of liseuses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
My mom spends hours on the computer....sending/receiving jokes by email (No kidding...that's all she does, I told her that if she ever sends something important, she better write PLEASE READ in the subject).
LOL! I think just the fact that she's proficient in using email is great!

Quote:
She does own and loves her GPS. She also carries a cell and will use it to make calls but has no idea how to pick up her messages
GPS? Wow, your Mom is a regular techie!

Quote:
I just got off the phone with her...she wants to keep her Kindle
Hey, I won that bet, didn't I? It's great she wants to keep it!
Seabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
The emails have become a family joke (no pun intended). My brother had to learn to shut down his computer at night (she's a night owl) because his computer kept beeping that he had mail. I told her that I don't read them, so she "selectively" sends me only 2-3 a night (which I don't still don't read ).

She also likes to forward me "warning e-mails" she gets from others. Most are hoaxes or exaggerations. After months of me telling her so, she exclaimed "I don't know why all my friends keep sending me these things if they aren't true!". To which I responded "Hmm...probably for the same reason you keep sending them to me"
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
The emails have become a family joke (no pun intended). My brother had to learn to shut down his computer at night (she's a night owl) because his computer kept beeping that he had mail. I told her that I don't read them, so she "selectively" sends me only 2-3 a night (which I don't still don't read ).
You need to teach your brother how to MUTE his PC speaker.

I think my mom stopped sending me that stuff. But, I still get those "prayer" chains every now and then. And she really thought it was possible that Bill Gates might donate money if she forwarded the money.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But, I still get those "prayer" chains every now and then. And she really thought it was possible that Bill Gates might donate money if she forwarded the money.

BOb

I don't get prayer chains...but her latest thing is those inspirational powerpoints with pretty pictures set to music.

One benefit of the Kindle I forgot to mention is that she said "I'm reading more and not on the computer as much"

Hopefully your mom gets that money from Bill Gates and buys herself a Kindle
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
You could try sending her SAMPLES of books, to her Kindle. (Tell her to turn on the whispernet switch every Sunday, all day, or something like that). Then, she can start reading the samples, and only buy the book if she enjoys the first few chapters. Of course, it could be on YOUR credit card, but I'll let you two work out that detail.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Hopefully your mom gets that money from Bill Gates and buys herself a Kindle
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #22
Libby Cone
scribbler
Libby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litterLibby Cone doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Tech support is the greatest gift! Now you can knit your mom a tote for birthday/Mother's Day - whichever comes first.
Libby Cone is offline   Reply With Quote