Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #211
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Dutch translation

Here is my Dutch translation (based on the latest available German translation).
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins.nl.zip (2.0 KB, 297 views)
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #212
onetoomany
onetoomany began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
ah-, I have just installed your plugin. This works great - my reason for installing it is to simplify getting my newspapers in the morning from Calibre.

I'd like to add to your already very long wishlist. This would be a one-button sync on the home menu with a pre-configured Calibre server (or ftp site), and the ability to configure a scheduled sync (e.g. every morning at 0600).

Thanks

R
onetoomany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #213
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Has there been any progress on the SD card issue, it wasn't a big deal before I upgraded to ...17 but in 17 whenever I load an epub via the browser my touch want's to reboot when I exit the browser, and of course the sd card is in place (If I remember I pop the card out prior to hitting the home button, but don't always remember)

Out of curiosity I tried copying the entire .kobo directory to the SD card to see if that would help (of course not)

Any other thoughts would be appreciated, I may have to downgrade back to ...16 as the browser handling of ePub downloads is terribly inconsistent in 17, sometimes I get a download progress bar sometimes I don't, sometimes I get a cancel/continue dialog, sometimes I don't.
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #214
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I get reboots even with no SD card in place on downloads.....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:26 AM   #215
XrXca
Avid Reader
XrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura aboutXrXca has a spectacular aura about

Device: Auro H2O, Kobo Glo x 2, Asus Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I get reboots even with no SD card in place on downloads.....
And that's why I'm thinking I need to downgrade back to version ...16 I never had reboots with it.

But find myself wondering if I need to do a factory reset then bring it up to 16, of course I need to find a download link for the old firmware verson...
XrXca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #216
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Another wish (hope I'm not too greedy ) - since I often switch hands when reading, I have to change the tap areas every time I do so, and that takes quite a few taps (menu, settings, advanced settings, tap area selection, close...).

So what I would love to have in the reading menu would be shortcuts to set to 2:1 and 1:2 (or left side tap forward, right side tap forward). That would be fantastic and would my reading make so much more comfortable.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #217
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Another wish (hope I'm not too greedy ) - since I often switch hands when reading, I have to change the tap areas every time I do so, and that takes quite a few taps (menu, settings, advanced settings, tap area selection, close...).

So what I would love to have in the reading menu would be shortcuts to set to 2:1 and 1:2 (or left side tap forward, right side tap forward). That would be fantastic and would my reading make so much more comfortable.
I think I'd be happy with a Top half / Bottom half selection for page turns
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #218
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think I'd be happy with a Top half / Bottom half selection for page turns
I'd love to have that.

Plus "tap anywhere to go forward, swipe to go backward", which would be even better for me since sometimes when reading in bed I not only switch hands but where I hold my Kobo - top half, lower half or middle (either side).

But until the Kobo devs add more choices (guess they will have to program that - and I hope they will do so in the future), those two buttons would help me a lot and distract me far less from my reading.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #219
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Is there a way to add telnet support as described here?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #220
Daddi
Daddi began at the beginning.

Is it normal, that the "hide pagenumbers" option just makes the footer invisible and doesn't really removes it or sets its height to zero?

I use the Kobo to read manga and my main problem is that the footer area shrinks my visible area and the images are scaled down, which makes them hard to read. A workaround is to use slightly smaller images, but I'd really like to see the images in some kind of fullscreen mode. Just like the view if you are looking at jpeg images directly (I put the images in an epub file).

Anyway, a really great plugin. I myself an a programmer (but not much with C++) and would like to do some changes by myself. Is there a way to produce some kind of output to debug the code?

Last edited by Daddi; 04-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #221
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

I'm currently pretty busy with other stuff, so sorry for not being very responsive lately.

Quote:
Is there a way to add telnet support as described here?
I don't think this should be part of the plugin. Just activate telnet, or even better, ssh with dropbear, by following one of the howtos.

Quote:
Is it normal, that the "hide pagenumbers" option just makes the footer invisible and doesn't really removes it or sets its height to zero?
Yes, it just hides it, but that should to the job, at least for pdfs where it might obscure the bottom part.

Quote:
Anyway, a really great plugin. I myself an a programmer (but not much with C++) and would like to do some changes by myself. Is there a way to produce some kind of output to debug the code?
Yes, edit /etc/init.d/rcS to redirect nickel's output to a file:
Code:
/usr/local/Kobo/nickel -qws 2>&1 >> /mnt/onboard/nickel.log &
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #222
Daddi
Daddi began at the beginning.

Hm, you're right. Just tried a pdf file and the visible render size grew to 100%.
Still, even with extremly big images: while viewing e-pubs, the visible size stays at about 90%, as if the footer opacity was set to 0% without affecting the render area.

Maybe I'm gonna try to find a workaround myself, but using pdf is a solution for me right now
Daddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM   #223
Xalmenor
Xalmenor began at the beginning.

Bookshelves with PDF?

I don't know wether it is a problem with my installation or it isn't implemented yet, but what I really could use would be bookshelves with PDF-Files.

Thanks and keep working on this great plugin!

Last edited by Xalmenor; 04-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Xalmenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #224
Jaden
Evangelist

Still hoping for those 2:1 and 1:2 tap settings shortcuts for the reader menu...

Having to change the tap areas always distracts me too much from the book.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #225
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Still hoping for those 2:1 and 1:2 tap settings shortcuts for the reader menu...
Although I agree this would be an advantage I disagree in hoping for these...
I hope for a "tap anywhere to go forward, swipe to go back" solution. Or maybe "tap on bottom to go forward, tap on top to go back".
Anything that makes it possible to go forward no matter what hand you use, without having to go through the menu at all.

Did anyone find out so far in which files these settings might be hidden?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote