Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #16
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I don't know of any brick-and-mortar shops that stock iLiads, but I think eReader Outfitters is based in the US.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #17
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
I'm buying it online, and it ships for 16$ to Switzerland. Beware of the VAT if you buy it online. I can do it because VAT in Switzerland is extremely low (7.6%) but I wouldn't do it in France (19.6%).

Check out this website : www.ebooks.com

Last edited by Vanessa; 04-22-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:24 AM   #18
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

I just ordered it Now, it will be hard to wait for it to arrive...
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
Hi !

(and sorry for my English. As you might have guessed, it's not my mother language...)

As an English teacher and a teacher of English, I want to reassure you that you have NOTHING to apologize for. Your written English is beautiful.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
Vanessa
French newbie

Thanks, that's sweet
It's just that I sometimes use typical French idioms which are a bit difficult to understand !
Old 04-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #21
Vanessa
French newbie

iLiad received yesterday !!! It was really, really fast. I ordered it last Wednesday afternoon, and a mere 5 days after that, iLiad was in my mailbox !
Old 04-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
iLiad received yesterday !!! It was really, really fast. I ordered it last Wednesday afternoon, and a mere 5 days after that, iLiad was in my mailbox !
You must have a pretty large mailbox.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You must have a pretty large mailbox
Heh.

bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 04:34 AM   #24
Vanessa
French newbie

Yeah, it's really, really big ^^
(actually, my parents received the package, as there was some confusion for the sending : my delivery address is not the same as my payment address, and they sent it to the payment address instead)
Old 05-04-2008, 05:43 AM   #25
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I hope you enjoy your new iLiad as much as I enjoy mine!

I have the iRex deluxe leather cover and it didn't come with any velcro - at least I didn't see any in the packaging... hmm

Anyway, I'm very happy with the cover and I feel my iLiad is safe and secure inside it.

It is easy to use any features on the iLiad with the cover permanently on - except for the reset button - but I don't use that often

My iLiad has travelled safely on many flights in its non-velcro'd cover.
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM   #26
Vanessa
French newbie

I'm really happy so far, except that I have huge problems with the wifi (but that comes from my network, not from the iLiad).
My mother offered to make me a cover (leather) for the iLiad. I'll see what comes out of it. If it's really unusable and / or too ugly, I might go for one of the two covers. It'll depend on total price (shipping is awfully expensive).
Old 05-08-2008, 02:57 AM   #27
Crisby
Fanatic
Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Crisby has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I met another iLiad owner yesterday and he also has the iRex deluxe leather cover. He's very happy with it and he doesn't use velcro either.

I guess our deluxe covers didn't arrive with velcro - as its not required. Our iLiads fit neatly into a pocket inside the cover and a leather loop stops them falling out.

I hope you'll post a photo of the homemade leather cover, if you do get one. I'd be very interested to see it!
Crisby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:11 AM   #28
Vanessa
French newbie

I will !!!

We bought the leather yesterday, a deep red. I hope the result won't be too desastrous !

Tags
iliad