Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-29-2011, 11:30 PM   #1
pewterbot9
Edge User

Entourage founder Asghar Mostafa

Here's a page announcing the founder's lecture at a university campus:

http://www.eng.umd.edu/events/wt-archives/2011-mostafa

The theme for this lecture? Well, have a laugh, it's:

How can we convert our current education systems to produce more innovators? How can we maintain our competitive edge in the global marketplace?

I'd take the poor management and support service of his company, Entourage Systems, as a perfect example of how to fail. So his words rang hollow for me, when I watched his talk online, May 5.

Imagine that! He was introduced as the founder of a highly successful product--the Entourage eDGe Dualbook--right at the same time his company was floundering in its final minutes, like a hooked fish gasping for water.

I was hoping a disillusioned customer would be in the audience, to challenge his business acumen, so I watched the lecture in its entirety. But alas, that did not happen.

The lecture already occurred (an incredibly boring hour and six minutes, as expected) but you can still view it here:

http://lecture.umd.edu/detsmediasite...d18d888dc9bd1d

Asghar Mostafa, loser

Old 05-29-2011, 11:33 PM   #2
pewterbot9
Edge User

More about Asghar Mostafa:

Did a quick search on Asghar Mostafa, to come up with these additional, intriguing links:

An Interview with Asghar Mostafa, President and CEO of Entourage Systems, Inc. (December 27, 2010)

http://blog.ce.org/index.php/2010/12...e-systems-inc/

In which he is quoted (amusingly, with our current hindsight): "Having a thorough understanding of our potential customers greatly aided in our marketing and product efforts."

--

EXECUTIVE PROFILE - Asghar Mostafa - Chief Executive Officer and President, enTourage Systems, Inc.

http://investing.businessweek.com/re...ystems,%20Inc.

Wherein you may find his business address and phone/fax numbers. I'll repost them here:

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
7901 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, Virginia 22102

Phone: 703-639-4888
Fax: 703-749-0081

--

Asghar Mostafa - Political Campaign Contributions - 2008 Election Cycle

http://www.campaignmoney.com/politic...a.asp?cycle=08

Well look at that: Mostafa's a big Republican turkey, who donated to the McCain runoff, among other loser Replicant schemes. So I'd say his business failure is a good thing!

--

And last but not least, this photo of him and other members of the Mostafa dynasty, from Washington Life (apparently living it up on the high hog, a few years before he founded--and quickly dumped--Entourage):

Shiva Mostafa, Holly Mostafa, Asghar Mostafa
Appeared in: PERFORMING ARTS on Holiday 2006

http://www.washingtonlife.com/direct...Asghar-Mostafa

Old 05-29-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
emusan
Edge User

you're not even going to mention that you just ripped this from edgehacker(it seems like he put a lot of work into it, I would think he would want some credit...)? Also, what is your name on his board? I only ask because I'm not sure I've seen you around there...

Old 05-29-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
pewterbot9
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
you're not even going to mention that you just ripped this from edgehacker
Oh, you're such a good friend of Edge Hacker, I'll inform him of your kind concern.

Quote:
Also, what is your name on his board?
My name is leegion.

Last edited by pewterbot9; 05-29-2011 at 11:59 PM.

Old 05-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
emusan
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewterbot9 View Post
Oh, you're such a good friend of Edge Hacker, I'll inform him of your kind concern.

My name is leegion.

whether we are friends or not doesn't have anything to do with not being credited. If I saw a stranger get robbed I would help him, **** if my worst enemy was robbed I would at least take notice lol.

And by my count no users there named leegion, I even have a fun little list going(WAYYY too much free time lol):

slickbit13 May 29, 2011, 6:48 am PM Email
kennyminot May 27, 2011, 8:37 pm PM Email --banned
borisb May 27, 2011, 7:00 pm 1 or less posts
solarbanjo May 27, 2011, 3:52 am PM Email 1 or less posts
LeslieSch May 27, 2011, 12:03 am PM Email --banned
WA4DBH May 26, 2011, 11:23 pm PM Email 1 or less posts
last try May 26, 2011, 9:45 pm PM Email --banned
emusanbanned May 26, 2011, 8:58 pm PM Email --banned
woodpiledad May 26, 2011, 8:57 pm PM Email --banned
geneven May 26, 2011, 8:24 pm PM Email --banned
theonlyjoie May 26, 2011, 8:00 pm PM
2MyeDGe May 26, 2011, 6:02 pm PM Email
johnseeking May 26, 2011, 1:29 pm PM Email 1 or less posts
ivanjt May 26, 2011, 12:12 pm PM Email
emusan May 25, 2011, 9:42 pm PM Email --banned
yugami May 25, 2011, 3:23 pm PM Email
Paula T May 25, 2011, 2:27 pm PM Email --banned
zato12 May 25, 2011, 8:21 am PM Email 1 or less posts
Filark May 25, 2011, 4:27 am PM Email --banned
Tinah1 May 25, 2011, 4:05 am PM Email
guyjack May 25, 2011, 4:03 am PM Email 1 or less posts
netrobot May 25, 2011, 2:04 am PM Email --banned
sarah11918 May 25, 2011, 1:54 am PM Email --banned
ezekielk May 25, 2011, 1:08 am PM admin

now, when you don't count the banned users, the admin, or those users that made a post or less and left, you get 6 users, with 9 unique banned thats a little odd don't you think?

EDIT: wow, just noticed the post, I'll have to add you to the list, sadly, you fit in with those that have 1 or less posts, so that still makes 6 active users and 9 unique banned.

EDIT 2: nice origami by the way

Last edited by emusan; 05-30-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:15 AM   #6
netrobot
Edge User

Whatever happened to Entourage really, we'll probably never know. The ability to innovate does not automatically imbue one with the abilities to market, support, forecast and accurately predict shifts in any market, let alone high tech.

pewterbot9 seems to have invested quite a lot of effort trying to make a case against Asghar Mostafa. Turning his Jihad (who else has done that lately?) against an entrepreneur into a personal and political attack. WHY? It's a hand-held device! Get over it! Whatever anyone's political leanings might be, to try and make a blanket association between long-term business success and political ideology is irrational, and serves only to illustrate the true motives of the poster.

Entourage was no doubt a company with many employees at many levels. Some outstanding, some good, some mediocre and a few losers -- that's CORPORATE folks! If you've been there, and paid attention, you're aware of it. Being an innovator also doesn't automatically make you capable of managing that sort of CAT RODEO.

Maybe the investors decided to call it quits? It's their money -- that's why they're called INVESTORS. Unlike government, businesses cannot run in the RED indefinitely. At some point, you have to accept that sales are not likely to reach the tipping point, and your money could be put to better use elsewhere. That's business.

So pewterbot9 is attempting to exorcise his demons here. It's illuminating that the poster thinks what this individual did with his own money (in 2006) has any bearing on the this situation. It only does if you're predisposed to believe that no one should be allowed to have more than anyone else, regardless of their personal efforts. (Hmmm, I seem to recall that being a definition of something...)

What are we to learn from this? Just that HATERS GOTTA HATE. And really nothing more.

It was posted HERE because it won't fly on MobileReader. The administrator on that site has a pair.

Since this entire thread has absolutely nothing to do with Entourage Users being more successful with the products, it really doesn't belong here either.

Last edited by netrobot; 05-30-2011 at 01:19 AM.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
And by my count no users there named leegion,
That may have been a Biblical reference :

et interrogabat eum, quod tibi nomen est, et dicit ei: Legio nomen mihi est quia multi sumus (Mark 5:9)

from which I conclude that pewterbot9 (1) self-identifies with suicidal pigs (check the Biblical context) and (2) can't spell

Old 05-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #8
sarah11918
Edge User

I just assumed that pewterbot9 was the mod from the other board, since their posts sound so similar, and so posting the same thing here makes sense.

Old 05-30-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Glow
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
I just assumed that pewterbot9 was the mod from the other board, since their posts sound so similar, and so posting the same thing here makes sense.
I drew the same conclusion.

Old 05-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Filark
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
I drew the same conclusion.
As did I. Hence, no response needed. (I/we could be wrong, though, and Pewterbot9 is a friend, posting with knowledge. Again, no response needed.)

Although I do like Gecko's quote . . .

Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 AM   #11
mister_ed
Edge User

Legeon onoma moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewterbot9
My name is leegion.
That may have been a Biblical reference
Oh yes, most certainly a Biblical reference, whether or not that was known by pewterbot9 ... who actually may be Estonian or really named Leegion:

But ... Latin? How Vulgate!
5:9
-- Ed

Old 05-31-2011, 12:16 PM   #12
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
Sarah, are you being UNRULY again?

Old 05-31-2011, 03:17 PM   #13
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
Sarah, are you being UNRULY again?
LOL. Apparently I am!

Old 05-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
NiaTrue
Edge User

Unruly or just wenchy, or wench-like?