Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #1
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
kobo locks up in sleep mode when reading pdf

anyone else having problems with the kobo locking up when trying to awake from sleep while you are reading a pdf book? I have to hold the power button down for the device to reset every time I want to wake it back up.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
tantomile
tantomile
tantomile began at the beginning.

Device: asus 7
I've only had my Kobo for a week - and it doesn't seem to go into sleep mode with some books, only power down, which is annoying since it takes a minute or so to boot back up again plus it has to reload the book.
tantomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I haven't ever read PDF'S on my reader
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantomile View Post
I've only had my Kobo for a week - and it doesn't seem to go into sleep mode with some books, only power down, which is annoying since it takes a minute or so to boot back up again plus it has to reload the book.
The Kobo WiFi does not sleep on short press with sideloaded books (Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre etc) at the moment. It was a temporary problem that happened to be missed when the last Kobo WiFi update was published. It will be taken care of in the next update. If you go to "home", you can generally get it to sleep. If you just leave the Kobo WiFi alone, it should fall asleep after 15 minutes.

Last edited by taming; 01-06-2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: more info
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
tantomile
tantomile
tantomile began at the beginning.

Device: asus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The Kobo WiFi does not sleep on short press with sideloaded books (Adobe Digital Editions, Calibre etc) at the moment. It was a temporary problem that happened to be missed when the last Kobo WiFi update was published. It will be taken care of in the next update. If you go to "home", you can generally get it to sleep. If you just leave the Kobo WiFi alone, it should fall asleep after 15 minutes.
Thanks so much for that; good to know. I've just transitioned from the sony prs-505 (after my husband unsuccessfully tried to change the battery) and was not happy with the slow power-on. Now if Kobo could bring in bookmarks like the sony had....
tantomile is offline   Reply With Quote