Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
Cdrider
Cdrider began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi

From personal experience something like an iPad (or large screen tablet of your choice) is better suited for manuals and textbooks.
Cdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #17
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleoleoleusa View Post
A group of Carnegie Mellon students are taking on a project to solve this problem.

Check it out: http://www.indiegogo.com/ALIPT

I'm interested in contributing and pledge to do so after 25 people contribute to the cause.
From the link above:

Quote:
A.L.I.P.T. Affordable Learning in Portable Textbooks -- specifically textbooks in iPad format.
And this solves the .pdf on Kindle problem how?
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #18
pashlit
Zealot
pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.pashlit is no ebook tyro.

Device: DXG, PRS-350
Just finished reading 400 pages PDF book on my DXG. Page turning was OK, but kinda slow. I also have tons of other PDFs ob my Kindle. And sometimes to display a page with image can take forever. So I am not sure if Kindle is not gonna blow up when opening 400 megs book.
pashlit is offline   Reply With Quote