Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
mjkarma
Enthusiast
mjkarma began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
update to 5.8.7

hi
i wanna know if i update my pw3 to 5.8.7 will jailbreak remain intact??
mjkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 07:43 AM   #2
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
It did for my Voyage so I imagine it will be the same. I wanted to keep the cover hack in place so I downgraded to 5.8.2.
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
mjkarma
Enthusiast
mjkarma began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
so there is downgrade from 5.8.7 to 5.8.2 is n't it?
mjkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:48 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkarma View Post
so there is downgrade from 5.8.7 to 5.8.2 is n't it?
Not directly.

You must return to running the factory firmware (that firmware intended to be used only inside of the factory) and then install the desired customer firmware version.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #5
TRPGentlemen
TRPGentlemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
So is 5.8.2 the best for the extensions?
TRPGentlemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #6
marrco
Enthusiast
marrco began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw4
i have no problems using linkss with 5.8.7 on my PW3
marrco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 11:27 AM   #7
TRPGentlemen
TRPGentlemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
I tried to use Koreader on 5.8.7, but it didn't work. It kept crashing
TRPGentlemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #8
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
kindlets are still working on 5.8.7?
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 12:34 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by encol View Post
kindlets are still working on 5.8.7?
Depends on the device, 7th gen. and earlier only.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRPGentlemen View Post
I tried to use Koreader on 5.8.7, but it didn't work. It kept crashing
You need to provide more detailed information than: "broke"