Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
wayner
Connoisseur
wayner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 in Canada, iPad wifi only
Delivering Kindle Mag subs to Kindle for iPad

I have both an iPad and a Kindle. It is quite easy to send books that I purchase at Amazon.com to both devices. But I can't figure out a way to do this with my subscription to The New Yorker. I can see how to "Download to Computer" or "Send Wirelessly to Kindle" but can I send it directly to my iPad? Is there any way to copy the magazine file from my PC to my iPad.
wayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:28 AM   #2
d2photo
d2photo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/software readers
Can't be done - confirmed this with Amazon.

From Amazon CS.

Hello,

Periodicals such as newspapers, magazines, blogs, and personal documents can currently only be delivered to a Kindle and cannot be viewed on Kindle for iPad. However, most books available for reading on Amazon Kindle can also be read on Kindle for iPad.

I'll let the Kindle team know that you're interested in the ability to receive subscriptions on your Kindle for iPad. They're always looking for ways to improve our Kindle offerings and may be able to make this feature available in the future.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

If no, please click here:

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Praveen C
Amazon.com
We're Building Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company
d2photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Wow, talk about lost opportunity. Whoever brings subscriptions to my iPad first (that look good and have decent navigation) is going to end up getting my business. You'd think Amazon would be rushing to get this out the door.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
Drybonz
Connoisseur
Drybonz began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Good to know... thanks. I was wondering about this as well.
Drybonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
They probably are rushing that feature out the door. Obviously, books were their first priority. They built the kindle iPad app before even having an actual ipad.

The iPad's only been out a couple weeks....plenty of apps and app improvements to come.

Lee
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
Wow, talk about lost opportunity. Whoever brings subscriptions to my iPad first (that look good and have decent navigation) is going to end up getting my business. You'd think Amazon would be rushing to get this out the door.
The Zinio app already does this. It is not perfect yet, but does have a fair, if small, selection of magazines...
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote