Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-11-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
haihaowu
haihaowu began at the beginning.

Device: sony 500
Unhappy Just got my 2nd hand iLiad from ebay. Cannot boot

My long-waited iLiad just arrived (my B-day gift). After fully charging it, I turn the device on with high expectation. But instead, it display nothing but this:

I tried the reset button in the back but nothing happened. Tried to download the new image by following instructions in the post "The absolute n00b guide to installing applications" but found that I cannot associate the right MAC address with my account since I cannot boot the device.

Any help will be highly appreciated!
haihaowu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi haihaowu, welcome to Mobileread.

Your iLiad has a physically broken screen, caused by impact or twisting. The only way to fix this is to have the screen replaced by iRex. The cost will be approx 275 Euros + transport costs to/from Europe.

Your iLiad is possibly booting OK, but because you're not getting on-screen feedback, its impossible to tell if the broken screen is the only problem. If you connect your iLiad to a PC via its USB cable and travel hub, you should be able to see the internal contents.

iRex will be able to give you a quote to restore your iLiad to full functionality, but they'll need to see it first - to determine if the broken screen's the only problem.

I'm sorry your birthday present isn't usable immediately. Its possible your iLiad was damaged in transit to you - I suggest you check if there's a guarantee from the seller/ebay/paypal that you would receive it in good condition. Otherwise, you may have insurance cover (credit card, post office or household).
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #3
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I had just got a DR1000S in the mail today from Switzerland (to the US) and I was so worried that I would end up in a similar situation since the screens are supposed to be so fragile, luckily mine was okay. That really sucks it definitely looks like a cracked screen, if the packaging was shoddy you should check with the seller to get a refund (a lot of the people selling on eBay are businesses now so you might have some luck, who knows) If not then sending it off to Irex is the only way to go. I have an Iliad also its an awesome device, sorry about that B-day present.
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #4
haihaowu

Thank you so much for your reply. I've contacted the seller. Apparently USPS screwed it up. He's agreed to refund me the purchase and deal with USPS himself.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
That's good news, haihaowu! I hope you find another iLiad soon
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
haihaowu

I posted a 'buy' request at the flea market. so far, no luck...