Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Otter
Connoisseur
Otter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, PRS-650, ipod Touch, ipad 2, NC, Kindle Scribe
Optimal Internal Memory Free?

I might be remembering this incorrectly, but I could swear a long while back there were some posts suggesting that on the old 500's and 505's that it was best to leave about 40% of the internal memory free on those devices. On my 256meg 505 that was no big deal, but I was wondering if the same rule of thumb applied for the new 2gig 650's? That's a lot of space to leave free....anyone have any thoughts on how much to leave free before having to store on external memory?

Many thanks!
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I wouldn't worry about it until we know it is a definite problem.

Heck, using external memory can drain the battery faster--now that is in the manual.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert