Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
bbudd
bbudd began at the beginning.

Device: acer netbook
Red face best tool to convert to Lit.?

Hey there- I've finally decided on a reader for my netbook-I went with Ebook Reader Pro. Mainly because it allows total control over font/spaceing/background/rotation.
The only format it will handle is Lit.
Which leads to my question-whats the best conversion program to use? The ballance of my collection is in PDF form.
bbudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
There's a Word macro I use. I don't know if Microsoft has updated it for Word whatever we're on but I've been happy with it. I believe Calibre will also convert to LIT. Check it out.

LIT has definitely not received much attention from Microsoft lately. I wonder if they'll dust it off any time soon. It doesn't seem likely to me.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:13 AM   #3
bbudd

Thanks-I have Calibre,and it does convert to lit.I was just wondering if there were any other conversion programs available.It's strange that there are so many programs to convert FROM lit. but so few that convert TO lit.
Also unfortunate that there are so few options available with PDF readers.
I find the non-white background much easier for reading.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbudd View Post
Thanks-I have Calibre,and it does convert to lit.I was just wondering if there were any other conversion programs available.It's strange that there are so many programs to convert FROM lit. but so few that convert TO lit.
Also unfortunate that there are so few options available with PDF readers.
I find the non-white background much easier for reading.
Microsoft provides tools to create LIT directly from word and Overdrive has an excellent tool to create LIT.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Best tool is Calibre to convert from one eBook format to MS Reader. Will convert from ePub and Mobipocket quite nicely.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #6
bbudd

The only other converter I've been able to locate is Amber pdf converter.Any version after 3.04 will convert to lit.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
bbudd

Haven't tried it yet.Presently looking for reviews on preformance.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:50 AM   #8
bbudd

Presently batch converting with calibre-works well if a little slow.
Ran across Michisoft converter in my travels-works well to convert Lit from html.txt,rtf formats-and very fast. http://www.michisoft.com/programs/re...udio/index.htm
Old 03-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbudd View Post
The only other converter I've been able to locate is Amber pdf converter.Any version after 3.04 will convert to lit.
The ABC Amber converters are awful. They just do a piss poor job overall. The consensus is to stay far away from them.

Calibre is the best we have right now.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote