Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
karpomatic
karpomatic began at the beginning.

Device: Nook!
Thumbs down unmentioned in updates

What happened to being able to see the cover of the book your reading at the bottom on the touch screen? I don't recall this being mentioned in the updates. I liked looking down at if from time to time.
karpomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by karpomatic View Post
What happened to being able to see the cover of the book your reading at the bottom on the touch screen? I don't recall this being mentioned in the updates. I liked looking down at if from time to time.

depends on the book and if it's set up for that it has book cover art encoded, most do some do not.

I checked that with mine after the update and nothing has changed, the ones that did still do the ones that didn't still don't.

Last edited by boswd; 06-25-2010 at 02:45 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
Kypt
Connoisseur
Kypt began at the beginning.

Device: nook, Kindle 3
Mine all have covers before and after
Kypt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
Mine all have covers. The only time the cover goes away is when the book has footnotes. Then you get a button on the right to access them with.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:14 AM   #5
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
What the other said, plus: normally there is no cover art for My Documents. If you use Calibre to do your sideloading, it will extract the cover art into a separate file in the Calibre library, and when you sideload it'll create a thumbnail JPEG file that the NOOK will recognize as the cover art.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert