Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
.....so sayeth the expert .....

all bow down to ye O Grate One ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:43 AM   #32
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
Fledchen
Guru
Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.Fledchen invented the internet.

Device: PB360+, Sony950, VR Stream, iPod Touch, iPad
http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/0...-one-to-chooz/
Fledchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #34
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
When I get into a puzzle mood, I start with a little 24 piece puzzle, with a nice snuggly kitty or puppy picture. By the time I get that put together, the mood wears off, and I find I am safe from the agravation of those 500 piece monsters!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #35
GeoffC

it gets more interesting with 1000 pieces, and 500 of them are all the same colour .....
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #36
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505/950x2, PRS-600 silver, Galaxy III purple, T2 black
Crazy feeling time has been minimized by not doing puzzle, lol. I have decided to not work on puzzle during works nights b/c then I become manic, "I know I can find this one piece! It goes there. Wait, I'll try there! Maybe it's over there?" and before I know it and hour has passed by and I've added...10 pieces to my puzzle. But it's 3:30am, have to be up in 2 1/2 hours for work, might as well stick with it! No more puzzle on worknights. So, tonight is a puzzle night. I have the day off tomorrow and I will puzzle away!
emonti8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #37
emonti8384
browneyedgurl
emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emonti8384 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledchen View Post
Hahahahaha. Aaaahhahahahahahaha.

Is it really that funny that both my cats are calicos? Both little independent balls of fur that I sometimes want to strangle.Okay, ur fatter, so I'll make a hat out of u and ur fur's softer, I'll make gloves out of u. Ah, good times. Good hats. I mean, cats

ANYHOW....

I finished my puzzle. I'm sorry, there was no drama involved. No missing pieces, no...missing pieces. Nada. Zip. I'll take a pic of it when it dries (I put a gallon of that puzzle glue sh*t on it) (aka, Elmer's glue in a diff bottle that we'll charge you $3 more for but be happy b/c it comes with a cardboard scraper do-dad). Didn't really know how to handle 2 things that I wanted in ( ). I think maybe [ ] should have been involved but I don't feel like doing [ ], I feel like doing ( ). Twice in a row.

And then....brace urselves....

I bought another puzzle.

Yup, and it's 1000 pieces. Didn't take the hint with the 500, noooo siree, and guess what it's of? Cats where 3 of them are the same color. Their eyes and paws and all the other good stuff that comes on a cat is gonna SUCK.

I have no reasonable explanation. I walked into hell (I mean, the mall), pinched my nose against that smell of brimstone and bought a round, 1000 piece puzzle of the very creatures I wish weren't so self-righteous. But they're sitting on books, so that's ok right? RIGHT?????
Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #38
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
it gets more interesting with 1000 pieces, and 500 of them are all the same colour .....

. . . and texture, as in "a clear blue sky."
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #39
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I know, I know-I'm punishing myself for the bunny I didn't save 10 years back. If I could just go back and rescue it from the wild, horrible life it had then I wouldn't be stuck here today doing puzzles. I just know Fate and Karma (those dirty lil....) are laughing and giggling. "Oh, see how she's been holding that piece for the last half hour? HAHAHA, she doesn't know it belongs over there. Stupid girl, that's a piece from an entirely different puzzle! Look at her trying to put the cloud together. See how she thinks she's missing a piece? HAHAHAHAHAHA, we landed this one on her too. HAHAHAHAHA"

Oh how I love to be the source for their enjoyment.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #40
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Are "Fate" and "Karma" the names of your kittycats? If not, then I detect a little bit of Ca-raaaaazy!

Cheers,
Marc
(Ca-raaaaazy is the name of Adrian's pet LOLcat. If it's him, just give him a bit of your chocolate cannoli and send him on. It's way past curfew)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #41
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

Nope, Faith and Cassie. We adopted the second one, came from a broken home witha name already.

It's not crazyness, it's....awhatever
Old 02-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Hahahahaha. Aaaahhahahahahahaha.

Is it really that funny that both my cats are calicos? Both little independent balls of fur that I sometimes want to strangle.Okay, ur fatter, so I'll make a hat out of u and ur fur's softer, I'll make gloves out of u. Ah, good times. Good hats. I mean, cats
not that i'd have any idea what you're talking about. at all.

Quote:
And then....brace urselves....

I bought another puzzle.

Yup, and it's 1000 pieces. Didn't take the hint with the 500, noooo siree, and guess what it's of? Cats where 3 of them are the same color. Their eyes and paws and all the other good stuff that comes on a cat is gonna SUCK.

I have no reasonable explanation. I walked into hell (I mean, the mall), pinched my nose against that smell of brimstone and bought a round, 1000 piece puzzle of the very creatures I wish weren't so self-righteous. But they're sitting on books, so that's ok right? RIGHT?????
wow, you really are crazy. but i guess that's why you fit in so well around here.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #43
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Oh, them's just their human names. I'm talking about their real names - the names they call each other.

We used to be in waiting on a cat we called "Homer". I'm informed that his real name was "Lethargy", though he preferred to go by the name "Bellyrubs", both quite appropriate. Then there was "Connie", who was actually "Neurological Disorder"...even more appropriate.

I have a plastic dinosaur called "Tyrannosaurus Banks".

Cheers,
Marc (my real name, don't wear it out)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:24 PM   #44
emonti8384
browneyedgurl

I have a Ty bear I call "Ugly" as my fat cat, Faith, decided to make him as attractive as his name. She kept putting her paws all over him and biting his head and clawed him up. I said keep him so she did.

The names they call each other (if I had to venture a guess) would be Faith=Fatass, aka Lazy, aka, If U Keep Biting Me The Kitty-Box Situation Will Be A Bad One

Cassie=Stinky Breath, aka Booger Eyes, aka Destroyer of All Things Beautiful

If they talk I think that would be the names they call each other.

Now, (at the risk of sounding stupid, b/c I don't want that) how do I upload a pic of this God-forsaken puzzle?
Old 02-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #45
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i have no idea what my cats might call each other but i suspect that the names would vary depending on the day and be interchangeable from one cat to the other. they might include "give me a cuddle. NOW." "ouch ! stop biting !" and "if you don't play with me / feed me / give me a cuddle, i will keep making this annoying noise until you go insane."

the big black cat's alternate name (when i'm talking) is "bast, the annoying dog-cat."

Quote:
Originally Posted by emonti8384 View Post
Now, (at the risk of sounding stupid, b/c I don't want that) how do I upload a pic of this God-forsaken puzzle?
click on "new reply" or "go advanced" at the bottom of the reply box, then click on the paperclip button and upload your photo. make sure to actually click the "upload" button. done.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote