Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
davec1000
davec1000 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Lost bookmarks: Can Calibre back them up?

Hello everyone,

I've been using Calibre for my Sony 505 and love the program. Yesterday my Sony seized on me: turn it on, it would turn off immediately. I had to do a reset and when I did I found all my bookmarks gone. I had to manually guess what page I was on and try to find them for about a dozen current books.

I want to say that I've reset before but never lost bookmarks. I hope this was a fluke. I would like to be able to back up my bookmarks. I don't know if this is possible either inside or outside of Calibre. It may also be possible through the Sony software, which I never use.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks,
Dave
davec1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you can backup bookmarks by backing up the file media.xml in your sony reader main memory and cache.xml in the storage card
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
davec1000
davec1000 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Re: Bookmark backup

Thanks, Kovid
For the info, and for a great program. I'll make it part of my daily routine now. Everytime I open Calibre, I back up the bookmarks. Perhaps you could include automatic bookmark backup in a future revision? If I knew how to program, or had the time to learn... You know how that song goes.
Thanks again,
Dave
davec1000 is offline   Reply With Quote