Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2024, 06:16 PM   #1
ServerManDann
ServerManDann began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unhappy send Read% to Kobo Libra 2

My Kobo Aura was knocked off a table and broken, so bought a new Kobo Libra 2. Sending books from Calibre to the new device works, and after re-connecting, I can see the Series and Collection metadata. However, all the books show as unread...
I have a custom column named #percentread(Read%) set in the Kobo Utilities profile for the new reader. This seems to work inbound, but not outbound. When I connect to the device, it will update the reading position in the Calibre library from the device, but not the other way round.
I have skimmed the manual looking for this, and done some googling, so far without results.
Can anyone suggest a solution?
ServerManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't use this option myself but doesn't the Kobo Utilities plugin option 'Update metadata in device library' do this?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2024, 07:55 PM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I think it's separate in Kobo Utilities.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:16 PM   #4
ServerManDann
ServerManDann began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Unfortunately, the update metadata function does update series, etc., but not the Read%.
This makes a little sense, I guess. Assuming you do all your reading on one device, there would be no reason to send the Read% TO the device, just from it back to the Calibre database. However, having more than one device you read on...
Or, as in my case, transferring books to another device.
ServerManDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 08:26 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I think it's Store/restore the current bookmark.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2024, 07:26 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I think it's Store/restore the current bookmark.
Yes, that's it. It has to be changed to send the data to the Kobo and then changed back to go the other way.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 01:47 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes, that's it. It has to be changed to send the data to the Kobo and then changed back to go the other way.
Minor in is that if you have the Kobo Utilities configured to store the reading position information on connect, you do not need to switch between Store and Restore mode. That is only needed when manually storing the information. The only time I used the manual store was when I was testing my initial setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo_Utilities_customization_Profiles.png
Views:	22
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	206785  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote