Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-13-2024, 12:47 PM   #1
getthething
getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Skip Errors when Sending to Device?

Hi,

I've tried searching for this, but perhaps my search terms aren't quite right.

I'm sending a few hundred books to my Kobo using the reading list plugin "sync" function and it keeps stopping because it hits a book that is either a broken zip or the obfuscated error. When I send a bunch of books at once, the error isn't helpful because it doesn't tell me which book caused the issue.

Is it possible to have Calibre proceed with sending the other books every time it hits an error? Even better if it will mark those problematic books so I can deal with them after sending the other books.
getthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:15 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Rather that your 'send em and see if it barfs' method

Use the Quality check plugin (there are various types of checks available: choose as needed) to check the books, fix those (or bypass the ones that need TLC for now)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2024, 10:26 PM   #3
getthething
getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Rather that your 'send em and see if it barfs' method

Use the Quality check plugin (there are various types of checks available: choose as needed) to check the books, fix those (or bypass the ones that need TLC for now)
Thanks for the reply. Is this one you mean? I saw this previously but disregarded because it seemed more like a metadata check than a file quality check.
getthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:28 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yes!
It really is a Kitchen - sink of checks (they are individual).
Most are about metadata, but if you look, some open each book to do their work. Count pages is another that needs to read (for the scores and the page count, if not fetched external) inside

They will also barf (ones that look inside), and the results logged if the book FILE is damaged (it may still have butt ugly layout/ code ).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote