Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2014, 08:31 PM   #631
mrvilleneuve
mrvilleneuve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
I'm on Yosemite. And get This message with all the files I have so far but they are all from the same source. They work well on comic reader and was able to convert them to mobi using calibre but the writings are too small. So I really need panelview
mrvilleneuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 03:06 AM   #632
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Well it yet another KCC OSX only bug. I will fix it soon.

EDIT:
Found it. I will release new version in first days of new year. For now CBR support in OSX release is broken.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 12-30-2014 at 04:05 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #633
mrvilleneuve
mrvilleneuve began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite
That was fast ;-) Thank you!! Looking forward to it.
mrvilleneuve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #634
sniperwarrior3
sniperwarrior3 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite

i downloaded KCC and at first i had some problems but now it is working like a charm! thank you so much for making this program, because i love reading manga but i travel a lot. and it is near impossible to carry 700 volumes in your suitcase
sniperwarrior3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 03:18 PM   #635
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 4.4 is out!
  • Improved speed and quality of conversion
  • Added RAR5 support
  • Dropped BMP and TIFF support
  • Fixed some WebToon mode bugs
  • Fixed CBR parsing on OSX
Advert
Old 01-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #636
MikeyLNG
MikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheeseMikeyLNG can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I add metadata in ComicRack? I right click and go to Info, but all the boxes are greyed out.

-edit- Figured it out about 2 minutes after I posted, ha. You need to add the file to your library first, can't do it just browsing 'folders' like the file explorer.

Last edited by MikeyLNG; 01-07-2015 at 06:13 PM.
MikeyLNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #637
RadicalxEdward
Enthusiast
RadicalxEdward began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Version 4.4 is out!
  • Improved speed and quality of conversion
  • Added RAR5 support
  • Dropped BMP and TIFF support
  • Fixed some WebToon mode bugs
  • Fixed CBR parsing on OSX
Love this program. Makes reading manga on my kindle SO much nicer. And it's pretty much the only free software i've ever actually felt compelled to donate to.

Anyway, I updated to the latest version and when i hover over a checkbox/option i no longer get a tooltip. Is anyone else having this issue? I had this happen a few times here and there with the previous version too, but now it's constant. And the drop down menus don't drop down.

Also, is there a specific place aside from here to submit feature requests? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE the ability to edit metadata individually/in bulk before conversion. If you convert to mobi you then have to split the mobi file before you can properly edit the metadata and it just makes it a big process with multiple files.

Cover, title, author, series, series #, publisher, date published, isbn, and comments are the major ones for calibre. but the first 5 even would be good enough for me. Would save a lot of headaches.

UPDATE: Of course right after posting this I accidentally clicked "basic" and then "advanced" again, and now the tooltips are showing up again and the drop downs work. So I guess this is just a bug??

Last edited by RadicalxEdward; 01-08-2015 at 08:44 PM.
RadicalxEdward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #638
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Let me guess... OSX?

Metadata support is already part of KCC. It reads data in ComicRack format if they are embedded in CBR/CBZ/CB7 file. But I also think about adding metadata (also in ComicRack format) editor to KCC.

Cover is always set to first image found or first image in volume if auto-splitting is used.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 01-09-2015 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:05 AM   #639
pigsonthewing
pigsonthewing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the update, AcidWeb!

I did have a question about the way MOBI output files are split. I have an input CBZ file that's around 600 MB, and is being split into multiple files as result. I saw on the wiki that 400 MB was the max size; however, I was wondering if this was a limitation of your program or kindlegen? Is there anyway around this splitting?

Thanks!
pigsonthewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:40 AM   #640
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

It is more like artificial boundary.

Kindlegen maximum output file size is 650MB. KCC code don't have any size limits. But after extensive research I noticed that in many cases so big files cause big Kindle slowdown (even on newest ones). So unless you want spend 3+ seconds to turn page creating so big files is not very good idea. Even 400MB files are already somewhat effected by that slowdown.

Additionally I consider 650MB files are not practical considering that a large part of Kindle users have only ~1,25GB storage on their devices.

In current version splitting of MOBI output is not optional and you can't disable it without code modification.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:38 PM   #641
pigsonthewing
pigsonthewing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the response! I got around the issue by splitting the CBZ file into two files manually, and then converting - not an ideal solution but it works well enough.
pigsonthewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #642
Aura Of The Dawn
Aura Of The Dawn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 7th Generation
Alright, this says "not compatible with the version of windows you are running" when I try this. A bit of digging, and I see a changelog entry about dropped support for windows XP. However, I can't seem to find a place to download old versions somewhere, either via github, or on the site for executable versions. Can someone point me at where I can download version 4.1 (preferably in binary form), which seems to be the last one before XP support was dropped? Alternately, suggest another piece of software that does the same thing this one will, converting manga into kindle-usable formats? (Though since most places seem to point back to this piece of software, that's probably a less useful solution)

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Github offers an old version of the source for 4.1, instructions on how to turn this into a useable binary would also solve the problem, if possible.)

Last edited by Aura Of The Dawn; 01-11-2015 at 12:49 AM.
Aura Of The Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:06 AM   #643
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Apparently there is DLL missing in installer package. I will investigate this matter.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #644
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm already uploading 4.4.1 version that should fix your issue.
Old 01-16-2015, 01:29 AM   #645
RadicalxEdward
Enthusiast
RadicalxEdward began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Let me guess... OSX?

Metadata support is already part of KCC. It reads data in ComicRack format if they are embedded in CBR/CBZ/CB7 file. But I also think about adding metadata (also in ComicRack format) editor to KCC.

Cover is always set to first image found or first image in volume if auto-splitting is used.
Thanks for the response. Yes, I'm running OS X yosemite. I'm not familiar with comic rack, but I've been trying to simplify this conversion process business so i don't need to run os x, and windows and calibre and kcc and something else. But i know it's a lot of work keeping os x and windows versions in sync.
RadicalxEdward is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools