Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
Rina
Edge User

opening & closing journals

I've had my device for a couple of days now, and I've created two journal documents, all hand-written. But there are some behaviors I don't understand.

1. When I click on the name of a journal to open it from the list on the LCD side, I get the text box and keyboard asking me to "Save Journal." When I select "Cancel" the journal opens just fine. Will this happen every time I want to view one?

2. Is there a way to "close" a journal? (If the journals are always kind of "open" does that explain why it asks me to re-name each one when I want to view it, kind of like a "save as"?)

3. Is there a way of accessing my journal documents without going through the re-naming function?

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:57 PM   #2
devseev
Edge User

Re 1 - I started getting the same weird "save" box a couple of weeks ago, before that it didn't come up and I don't quite understand why it does. Maybe a journal settings function that malfunctions, or an issue with a recent software update. Not sure, but it doesn't really bother me to hit "cancel"

Advert
Old 05-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #3
devseev
Edge User

The weird thing is that even if you just booted up the eDGe and obviously have not opened or edited a journal, when you go to open an existing journal it prompts you to save before you open. Since there is nothing to save (and no point saving a blank file) you have to just hit cancel. Then the journal you clicked on (in library) will open fine.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #4
Rina
Edge User

A while after I posted this, my Edge crashed. I thought it was dead. But I took the battery out and put it back in, and it seems fine, AND this bug is gone. Maybe those others of you having this problem can try that. The journals were still there, undamaged. The only change I noticed is that my journal settings are back to the defaults.

Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
eberhardt333
Edge User

I have had that same issue. A blank journal is currently on the screen and I go to the library and select a saved journal. It does not happen all the time, but sometimes before it comes up the save box shows up and you have to hit cancel. However, I haven't noticed it recently, so maybe the last update fixed it or since it was not consistent, maybe it just hasn't shown up lately. There is no reason it should be happen since I am trying to open a previously saved document rather than close one.

Advert