Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Like sarah11918, I use a Super Slim USB 2.0 Mini Chiclet Keyboard with my EE. The reason I like it is because it is almost the exact same size as the EE and fits perfectly in an M-Edge carrying case along with the Edge.

Last edited by obsessed2; 07-01-2011 at 11:48 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:57 PM   #17
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Hmm, I saw some review on the mini chiclet and one of the complaints was the hard action of the keys. That may be a plus for me; what I'd really like is a portable mechanical keyboard without an insane price tag. I suppose at first I'll just use a spare full size while I get used to the device.

On the Motion Digitizer pens: since none of them specifically cite Penabled, are there specific models that will and won't work? ADD Digitizer, M-Series, L-Series?
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #18
mrb186
mrb186 began at the beginning.

Device: edge dualbook
Just a newbie question: 'Obsessed' wrote a pretty detailed explanation of how to upgrade the PE to Ermine by connecting via wi-fi and performing the upgrade process. I found the instructions and the ZIP file on an Entourage website that describes how to do it from a thumbdrive. The thumbdrive option seems more reliable and straight-forward to me. Any reason why this method wasn't recommended??
mrb186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
mrb, do you have your eDGe yet? If not there is a possibility you can upgrade without any of the fancy stuff, meaning while you are registering and after you have your wifi set up your eDGe might upgrade all the way to Ermine when you check for updates. Mine did, but I had registered previously so yours may not.

Welcome to MobileRead!!

Edit: I thought I'd go back and read Obsessed's instructions, but I can't find them now!

The thumbdrive option is (I think) for if the regular update doesn't work, but however you get there, and whatever its "quirks", Ermine is worth it in my opinion.

Last edited by Filark; 07-01-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #20
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb186 View Post
Just a newbie question: 'Obsessed' wrote a pretty detailed explanation of how to upgrade the PE to Ermine by connecting via wi-fi and performing the upgrade process. I found the instructions and the ZIP file on an Entourage website that describes how to do it from a thumbdrive. The thumbdrive option seems more reliable and straight-forward to me. Any reason why this method wasn't recommended??
At the time of that posting Entourage had not made the Ermine update available for general download. The only way to get the file was via Wi-Fi using the Update option on the Edge itself. You are correct, the procedure is much easier now.

https://www.entourageedge.com/suppor...barticleid=265

Last edited by obsessed2; 07-01-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by muranternet View Post
Hmm, I saw some review on the mini chiclet and one of the complaints was the hard action of the keys. That may be a plus for me; what I'd really like is a portable mechanical keyboard without an insane price tag. I suppose at first I'll just use a spare full size while I get used to the device.

On the Motion Digitizer pens: since none of them specifically cite Penabled, are there specific models that will and won't work? ADD Digitizer, M-Series, L-Series?
I rather like the mini-chiclet keyboard and it really feels anything but mini. As far as pens go, most of the Motion pens will work with the Edge. I personally own an LE1600 which really improves my writing. Some people, like my son, do pretty well with just the stock stylus. It all depends on how you write. I write rather large so the full sized Motion pen works better for me. Here is a discussion about various writing instruments that will work with the edge:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=penabled
Old 07-02-2011, 06:41 AM   #22
mrb186
mrb186 began at the beginning.

Device: edge dualbook
I grabbed one of the $120 Woot deals and I have NOT gotten it yet but I figured I'd get a jump on the hottest tips! Can I still "register" since the company went belly-up??
mrb186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:15 AM   #23
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb186 View Post
... Can I still "register" since the company went belly-up??
Yes, or at least I did two weeks ago.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:56 AM   #24
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by muranternet View Post
All Motion Computing pens should work. I bought an L-series pen for my EE, but we also have an M-series tablet PC, and its stock pen works as well.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:11 AM   #25
muranternet
Connoisseur
muranternet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3/Sony PRS-300/Nook Color running CM7/P eDGe
Good news on the pens... the Motion pens tend to run a bit cheaper in my searches I think the L-compatibles run around $35.

BTW I'm looking at this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823191005 for a keyboard. There's a sale today, $15 with a promo code (EMCYTZT576 if anyone is looking for one; it's the code from their email alerts so you might already have it). Gotta look more into the key action, and I wish it had a USB hub built into it.

PE should be here Tuesday.
muranternet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
entourage, pocket edge, word processing