Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Sony PRS-300

So, I sold my Kindle for the PRS-300 but I found I miss my Kindle. SO, I'm selling this and moving back to the Kindle. It is only a few eeks old and is flawless. It has only been charged once. It is the Blue color. Comes with box and sleeve. I also have the 54.00$ Sony cover w/built in light. New it would all cost 250.00 plus tax etc. This is as close to new as you are going to get. I'll consider any reasonable offer.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:55 AM   #2
esecallum
Banned
esecallum began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
So, I sold my Kindle for the PRS-300 but I found I miss my Kindle. SO, I'm selling this and moving back to the Kindle. It is only a few eeks old and is flawless. It has only been charged once. It is the Blue color. Comes with box and sleeve. I also have the 54.00$ Sony cover w/built in light. New it would all cost 250.00 plus tax etc. This is as close to new as you are going to get. I'll consider any reasonable offer.
I offer you £29.99 for it.
esecallum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
nremondelli
Zealot

I don't know conversions to the US dollar, but I'm pretty sure that would be well below the realm of reasonable.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by esecallum View Post
I offer you £29.99 for it.
Yea, I don't think $46 is considered a reasonable offer for something 2 weeks old that cost $250.

@nremondelli - I'm not sure why you don't return it. If you only had it for two weeks you probably could do that.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 10-03-2009 at 12:12 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
nremondelli
Zealot

I may. I have to try and track the receipt from J&R. Then I just need to sell the case. Figured this would be easier. We'll see.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Yea, I don't think $78 is considered a reasonable offer for something 2 weeks old that cost $250.

@nremondelli - I'm not sure why you don't return it. If you only had it for two weeks you probably could do that.

BOb
That may be a typo Bob, but I think that £29.99 is more like $48 (US) at current exchange rates - so not likely to be an attractive offer either way.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
That may be a typo Bob, but I think that £29.99 is more like $48 (US) at current exchange rates - so not likely to be an attractive offer either way.
Your right... typo. I fixed it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #8
esecallum
Banned

How about £39.99.

Considering it is second hand.

That is a 33% increase and means I will not eat this week.

Also remember I am very poor and have 2 kids to educate and a women to feed.

You could consider me to be charity case and give it to me for Christmas.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by esecallum View Post
How about £39.99.

Considering it is second hand.

That is a 33% increase and means I will not eat this week.

You might wish to read my comment to you here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58278

Basically, you'll have a hard time finding one at that price.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
esecallum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You might wish to read my comment to you here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58278

Basically, you'll have a hard time finding one at that price.

Don

I know it is hard to find one for that price.That is why I am begging for one at that price with great harm to my dignity and self respect.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:45 PM   #11
nremondelli
Zealot

Again, sorry, but not even close to what I would accept as reasonable. With all due respect, that seems like the last thing you should be looking to buy, but each to his own I suppose. Good luck in your endeavor.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 PM   #12
esecallum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Again, sorry, but not even close to what I would accept as reasonable. With all due respect, that seems like the last thing you should be looking to buy, but each to his own I suppose. Good luck in your endeavor.
What is reasonable?

I am willing to starve the wife too.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
nremondelli
Zealot

Right. You're a scammer and a troll. Back under the bridge, my friend.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:01 AM   #14
devant
devant began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Okay, troll postings aside, seriously, how much is "reasonable" for you? I'm pretty serious about purchasing.
devant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #15
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:

People who use the 'pity me, I'm poor' ploy to get what they want...trying to control & manipulate using 'guilt tactics'...just rub me the wrong way.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote