Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #1
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
Asus 901 as an ereader?

Asus 901 is supposed to have 7 hours of battery life, with a 8.9" screen, reads anything and everything. Would that be an ideal reader? I've been waiting for it to be available.
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
pathfinderca
Connoisseur
pathfinderca began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V.2
asus 901 us release date: July 8?

http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/334/C15641/
pathfinderca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I have a friend who has one already but I don't know where or how he got it. I have seen it though & he said he only paid $500 US for it. Has 20GB.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I have a friend who has one already but I don't know where or how he got it. I have seen it though & he said he only paid $500 US for it. Has 20GB.
The 900 is currently available through a number of outlets in the USA. I'm not sure about the 901 -- nor how it differs from the 900.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #5
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
The 900 is currently available through a number of outlets in the USA. I'm not sure about the 901 -- nor how it differs from the 900.
The 901 is supposed to have better battery life than the 900. I have seen a 901 here in the Austin area ... but I think if I get another computer, it will be another tablet rather than a micro.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
The 901 is supposed to have better battery life than the 900. I have seen a 901 here in the Austin area ... but I think if I get another computer, it will be another tablet rather than a micro.
I'm loving my Mac so much, I might get a macbook next... perhaps if I sell my Kindle and my Sony it would pay for most of it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The 901 has increased battery life due to the Intel Atom processor it uses (previous 900 uses a Celeron proc). I want one desperately; not as an e-book reader replacement, but as a replacement for my heavy notebook (~2.7kg, Thinkpad). Here in Switzerland only the 900 is in store with no indication when the 901 will arrive.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Isn't $650 alot for such a low spec machine?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:26 PM   #9
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
It's strictly a flash memory based machine, and flash is more expensive than hard drives. You're paying a premium for ruggedness and small format. Before the EEE PC's, you paid 1000 to 2000 for a micro laptop.

The one drawback is the screen attachment. It's the classic 2 point fold-up. Standard for a computer, but a pain for ebook reading. If somebody would make one of these things with a single joint the rotates 180 degrees, to mimic a tablet machine, the would have the perfect design. <Sigh> a dozen competitors have announced and not one with a single joint connection....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
It's strictly a flash memory based machine, and flash is more expensive than hard drives. You're paying a premium for ruggedness and small format. Before the EEE PC's, you paid 1000 to 2000 for a micro laptop.

The one drawback is the screen attachment. It's the classic 2 point fold-up. Standard for a computer, but a pain for ebook reading. If somebody would make one of these things with a single joint the rotates 180 degrees, to mimic a tablet machine, the would have the perfect design. <Sigh> a dozen competitors have announced and not one with a single joint connection....
I am starting to see this on DVD players so perhaps UMPC devices won't be far behind. They do need a few keys on the display so that you can read eBooks without needing the keyboard but quite doable I think.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote