Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Talking Calibre has made me quite the happy camper!

I have had my Kindle 2 for less than a month, and while I absolutely love it, the lack of organization options for my books has made me mildly cranky. In less than a month I have managed to collect 5 pages worth of books, and no matter how you sort them, it just looks messy.

So while investigating Calibre to organize my growing ebook library on my computer, I discovered that not only could I generate a catalog of all my books, but I could put the catalog on my Kindle. I even named it "All my Books" so that it would pop to the top of the list on my Kindle.

YAY! Color me tickled pink, now my little "inner organizational monster" is happy and content. But I did realize that I might want to consider shortening my tag list to something a tad bit more manageable.

So thank you Kovid Goyal for creating such a useful program.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I'll jump in to second your praise!

I've had my Kindle 2 for several months but was content for the most part using mobipocket reader for organizing and transfers.

This week, after having received strong encouragement from respected forum members, I took the plunge and downloaded Calibre.

What a fantastic program. We are all truly indebted to Kovid and the many other members that have made this program so incredibly useful!!!
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Always good to hear from happy users. Most of the time I only hear from users for whom something doesn't work, so

P.S. Thanks go to GRiker for the catalog feature
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote