Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
bobnelsonfr
bobnelsonfr began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S8+ with several apps
Snow Leopard problem?

Hi,

I'm trying to install calibre 6,13 on OS X 10,6,1. I get a brief opening of the calibre screen, while OS X's colored pinwheel ("working") is still turning... and then calibre disappears, not there at all.

I've attached the error dump as a txt file.

Thanks in advance for any clues as to what I might try...
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre_dump.txt (48.4 KB, 202 views)
bobnelsonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
At the moment Calibre does not run properly on Snow Leopard - but it is being worked on.

There is already a some very long threads about this discussing the findings to date.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Hit relaunch a couple times and it may come up. Either that or hit ignore and then try to relaunch. That is what I have to do until some issued with SL are resolved
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
bobnelsonfr

OK, thanks.

Is there any way to be advised when the problem is fixed?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
bobnelsonfr

Of course... the first time I tried to launch after getting advice here... the program crashed just once and on relaunch worked just fine.
Before asking for advice, it had crashed five or six times in a row before I gave up...
That's the orneriness of "stuff"!
Advert