Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-24-2008, 02:20 AM   #16
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
I'm not at home in my warm bed, instead I had an hours drive too work through the first real blizzard of the season.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:30 AM   #17
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
I am NOT shovelling snow (although I should, there´s a whole lot of it today). But - and this will prove my willingness - I´m reading the official local regulation for shovelling snow, a highly interesting multiple page read. It says you have to start shovelling 30 minutes after the last snow fall and make sure, that two passengers can use your - hopefully soon - snow-free way walking side by side (your snow-free zone must have a width of 80 cm / 31 inches - that´s not much, those two guys must like each other). After freezing rain you even have one hour to think about how to get rid of all the glaze without using salt which is strictly forbidden. You can use grit or try to melt the glaze with salt-free stuffs. What does that mean? An extension cord and a hair dryer?
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #18
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
I am NOT shovelling snow (although I should, there´s a whole lot of it today). But - and this will prove my willingness - I´m reading the official local regulation for shovelling snow, a highly interesting multiple page read. It says you have to start shovelling 30 minutes after the last snow fall and make sure, that two passengers can use your - hopefully soon - snow-free way walking side by side (your snow-free zone must have a width of 80 cm / 31 inches - that´s not much, those two guys must like each other). After freezing rain you even have one hour to think about how to get rid of all the glaze without using salt which is strictly forbidden. You can use grit or try to melt the glaze with salt-free stuffs. What does that mean? An extension cord and a hair dryer?
Nah, there are a few products used to melt away glaze that is not salt based, I use one of them at home for my driveway, but I can't remember the name of it right now

Prolly something cheezy like "Ice-away" or something such
Old 11-24-2008, 06:11 AM   #19
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Nah, there are a few products used to melt away glaze that is not salt based, I use one of them at home for my driveway, but I can't remember the name of it right now

Prolly something cheezy like "Ice-away" or something such
"Ice-away"?! No, that´s too easy. I´ve been thinking about even more “creative” ways than my hair dryer. You could tie down two pressing irons to your feet and skate the glaze away - iron-skating, doesn´t that sound like a new kind of Winter Olympics?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #20
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
"Ice-away"?! No, that´s too easy. I´ve been thinking about even more “creative” ways than my hair dryer. You could tie down two pressing irons to your feet and skate the glaze away - iron-skating, doesn´t that sound like a new kind of Winter Olympics?
True, or you could heat a servingtray and bodysurf away the glaze.
Advert
Old 11-24-2008, 08:29 AM   #21
ravenne
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
True, or you could heat a servingtray and bodysurf away the glaze.
Worked well - except for scratched knees and a third degree burn on the waist
Will go buying some "ice-away", "glaze-killer" or whatever name it is now.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:22 PM   #22
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i am not buying any "sno-be-gone", personally, since although they did announce snow for last weekend all i've seen is rain. really cold rain, but nonetheless rain. *sigh*
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #23
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I saw a bit of snow a few days back, but washed away by morning. So I am not currently shoveling snow...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #24
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's been 12 yrs since we had snow. I NEED A SNOW DAY!!!!

I'm not eating cheesecake right now, although I probably will later.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #25
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I am not seeing any snow! Not even when we had a fire drill this morning. *grumbles*
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:38 PM   #26
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I am not searching teh interwebs for a pic to post here of cute kittehs in the snow. No, I'm not.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:41 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i am not buying any "sno-be-gone", personally, since although they did announce snow for last weekend all i've seen is rain. really cold rain, but nonetheless rain. *sigh*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh215 View Post
I saw a bit of snow a few days back, but washed away by morning. So I am not currently shoveling snow...

-MJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
It's been 12 yrs since we had snow. I NEED A SNOW DAY!!!!

I'm not eating cheesecake right now, although I probably will later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I am not seeing any snow! Not even when we had a fire drill this morning. *grumbles*
all right germany and sweden, quit hogging all the snow !!! didn't your mama teach you to share ?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #28
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Nope. No pics of cute kittehs in the snow. No way.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Nope. No pics of cute kittehs in the snow. No way.
hey !!! :snowpandas: !! (damned, how is that not a smiley ???)
Old 11-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #30
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hey !!! :snowpandas: !! (damned, how is that not a smiley ???)
Maybe that is why the lolpandas hop from foot to foot... They are trying to keep their feet warm from the snow on the ground...

-MJ

Last edited by mjh215; 11-24-2008 at 03:26 PM.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness