Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #16
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I have the Sony cover. It's leather, but not pebbled or padded, it's very flat textured. Suede on the inside. I will not consider a cover that allows anything to contact the surface... so the pockets on the inside BACK cover on the Sony makes sense. I keep a small "pocket cahier" moleskine notebook in the pocket, an SD card, and a business card for identification. I'd like it to hold a pen, but again, where? The pen shouldn't be allowed to contact the device and scratch it, but I always have pens/pencils around me anyway, so it's not a big issue.

I can't fold the cover FLAT, but I can fold it around. But, why? I don't fold my books flat, and so am used to holding a book "open". That feels very natural and comfortable for me.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #17
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Oh heavens, I would NEVER get pink! LOL That sounds like a fair deal - it'll be a couple days before I can order it, but I'll post back once I've got it and had a chance to check it out a bit
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #18
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
I ordered a black m-edge case for my wife's blue 505 and it just arrived. I can't identify the material...I suspect vinyl since the web page doesn't specify leather. Additionally, their Kindle cover is advertised as leather and is almost twice the price as the 505 cover. Anyway, the cover does look nice and folds flat. The closure flap tucks in when the cover is folded and does not get in the way at all. The wife likes it, so that's good enough for me.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
phigdon
phigdon began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
the sony case has the actual mounting system for the 505 while the medge looks like it will fall out of the strap mounts with a hard sneeze. the sony case has all the accessories pouches closing ON the reader screen. all in all, if sony would add some type of flap to cover and protect the reader I would get the sony cover but until then I'll stick with the stock cover.
phigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #20
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I've used the MEdge Executive Cover for several months now have never had a problem with the 505 slipping out of the straps. It seems very secure.

Last edited by MickeyC; 12-14-2008 at 07:40 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
QBColleen
QBColleen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Then...here's a wrench in the discussion. What about this:

http://www.extremeinkjet.com/Electro...rmor_s/655.htm

I bought a tin box from these guys in Feb. when I bought my 505...sure it has some dings (soft metal) but my precious 505 is as good as new. I want to upgrade and plan on getting either the sony leather or this book armor thingie. They emailed me with a 25% off coupon to get one.

Queen Bee Colleen, <snicker>
QBColleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
davers
Connoisseur
davers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animalsdavers is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony Dark Blue 505
Straight from the M-edge site: "The M-edge Sony Reader Genuine Leather Executive Jacket is a sleek case that will protect your Reader from scratches and dings...."

I guess it is leather...

Dave
davers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
rprouse
rprouse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by phigdon View Post
the sony case has the actual mounting system for the 505 while the medge looks like it will fall out of the strap mounts with a hard sneeze. the sony case has all the accessories pouches closing ON the reader screen. all in all, if sony would add some type of flap to cover and protect the reader I would get the sony cover but until then I'll stick with the stock cover.
The accessory pockets are on the back flap of the case and fold against the back side of the reader, not against the screen. The front flap doesn't have any pockets and is very soft.
rprouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #24
rprouse
rprouse began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
It's my understanding that the Sony leather case does not fold flat: this make it a no-go for me. I'm still looking.
It does fold flat. Like any leather, it just takes a bit of time to work in.

To speed it up, I oiled my case with some mink oil, then I folded the front cover back and carefully pinched it all along the fold with a pair of plyers. It now folds nicely flat and only has a thin line of creases (like you would expect in leather) along the fold.

I am very impressed with the Sony premium case and would recommend it.
rprouse is offline   Reply With Quote