Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-13-2014, 02:43 PM   #1
Olnejean
Olnejean began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
Kobo Aura HD operating language

Hello!
I have been searching the Web for hours without finding an aswer to my question:
Is it possible to change the operating language of a Kobo Aura HD?
In other words, if I buy it in Holland, and the operating language is Dutch, can I change it to, say, French or Italian?
Thanks a lot!
Olnejean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:37 AM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Yes, you can select from English, French, French (Canadian), Japanese, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian).
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2014, 02:29 AM   #3
bbpo8
bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bbpo8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Arc and Aura HD, Kindle Keyboard, and DX
I just checked on my Aura HD, and GeoffR has it exactly right.

In addition, you have the option of installing free dictionaries in the different languages. For example, Deutsch, English-Deutsch, and Deutsch-English. On my Kindle, I had to pay for non-English dictionaries.

The options are under Settings l Language.
bbpo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #4
Olnejean
Olnejean began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura HD
Great!
An overnight reply from Downunder !!!
I had been searching the instructions without finding a trace of this important detail!
Many thanks to New Zealand and to the States for the confirmation.
I'll buy as soon as the sop opens!
Olnejean is offline   Reply With Quote